Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

http://www.google.com/search?q=cough...to+blac k+out

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:14:10 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

I just googled the answer for you, "coughing fits sometimes cause one to
black out"

It's a condition called either "situational syncope" or "coughing
syncope". Syncope is just the medical term for "fainting". NHS choices
have a list of the many causes of fainting he

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fainting/Pages/Causes.aspx

HTH

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the only way oxygen
gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if you are hacking away, then its
not in the lungs for very long.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the
only way oxygen gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if
you are hacking away, then its not in the lungs for very long.

That's not the reason you can black out and coughing fits
actually get more air into the lungs than normal anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Johnny B Good wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:14:10 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

I just googled the answer for you, "coughing fits sometimes cause one to
black out"

It's a condition called either "situational syncope" or "coughing
syncope". Syncope is just the medical term for "fainting". NHS choices
have a list of the many causes of fainting he

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fainting/Pages/Causes.aspx

HTH

I could have done that, just felt like posting here after a coughing fit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the only way oxygen
gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if you are hacking away, then its
not in the lungs for very long.

That's not the reason you can black out and coughing fits actually get
more air into the lungs than normal anyway.

You are phucker asking stupid questions AICM£5

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

get an oxygen monitor for your finger ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the only way
oxygen gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if you are hacking away,
then its not in the lungs for very long.

That's not the reason you can black out and coughing fits actually get
more air into the lungs than normal anyway.

You are phucker asking stupid questions AICM£5

you back on the fags yet ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimbo in Hawick ..." wrote in message

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the only way
oxygen gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if you are hacking away,
then its not in the lungs for very long.

That's not the reason you can black out and coughing fits actually get
more air into the lungs than normal anyway.

You are phucker asking stupid questions AICM£5

you back on the fags yet ? ....

Nope and I don't even want a fag.
I've a bag full of tips and papers. I'll give them to the bloke next door
next time I see him. That lot seem to be skinning up 24/7.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/2015 13:40, Jimbo in Hawick ... wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

get an oxygen monitor for your finger ....

Remember to take off any nail varnish before using it :-)

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That depends on why you are coughing in the first place its supposed to help
clear fluid from the lungs.
I beg to differ with you, but while I was in hospital a couple of years
ago, they had one of those oxygen measuring things on my finger and I had a
coughing fit, and my oxygenation went right down.
Brian

Email:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

Well I'd have thought that was obvious. The lungs are the only way oxygen
gets into the blood to keep bits alive, if you are hacking away, then its
not in the lungs for very long.

That's not the reason you can black out and coughing fits actually get
more air into the lungs than normal anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:41:54 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Johnny B Good wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:14:10 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

I just googled the answer for you, "coughing fits sometimes cause one
black out"

It's a condition called either "situational syncope" or "coughing
syncope". Syncope is just the medical term for "fainting". NHS choices
have a list of the many causes of fainting he

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fainting/Pages/Causes.aspx

HTH

I could have done that, just felt like posting here after a coughing
fit.

I can see why others, less sparing of their valuable time, have a
tendency to respond with just a rather terse "GIYF!" to such enquiries.:-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimbo in Hawick ..." wrote in message

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Why do coughing fits sometimes cause one to black out(or almost)

get an oxygen monitor for your finger ....

Won't show a damned thing, because cough fits see a
lot more air thru the lungs than normal breathing does.

And you don’t black out from that level of lowered oxygen level anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

That depends on why you are coughing in the first place its supposed to
help clear fluid from the lungs.

That isn't what coughing FITS are about.

I beg to differ with you, but while I was in hospital a couple of years
ago, they had one of those oxygen measuring things on my finger and I had
a coughing fit, and my oxygenation went right down.

Presumably because of what caused the
coughing fit, not the actual coughing fit itself.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Brian-Gaff wrote
F Murtz wrote

Completely OT bm[_2_] UK diy 11 March 26th 13 03:02 PM
Completely OT harry UK diy 7 December 4th 12 08:36 PM
Completely OT Reentrant UK diy 26 November 24th 08 07:50 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different . . . LidsvilleNine Metalworking 2 February 22nd 08 01:16 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different . . . Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 22nd 08 01:10 PM