Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Asylum seekers

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/2015 16:59, harry wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the
EU who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our
duties towards asylum seekers.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
harry escribió:

http://www.express.co.uk

Drivel mk II, aka Harry, reads the Depress and /believes/ it. Big
surprise. Mot.

Suppose the headline is "Asylum seekers affect house prices, responsible
for the murders of Diana and Maddie"

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/15 17:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,
harry escribió:

http://www.express.co.uk

Drivel mk II, aka Harry, reads the Depress and /believes/ it. Big
surprise. Mot.

Suppose the headline is "Asylum seekers affect house prices, responsible
for the murders of Diana and Maddie"

Interesting question during PMQs though from Paul Flynn, the Newport MP.

"Cardiff has 700, Newport has 600, Rochdale has 700 but the combined
constituencies of the PM, Chancellor and Home Secretary have a grand
total of 3. Is this fair and reasonable way to treat asylum seekers?"

The big numbers may be mixed up and the rest is as near as I recall. but
it's a revealing stat I think.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo ,
harry escribió:

http://www.express.co.uk

Drivel mk II, aka Harry, reads the Depress and /believes/ it. Big
surprise. Mot.

Suppose the headline is "Asylum seekers affect house prices, responsible
for the murders of Diana and Maddie"

But the headline did not say that.
Harry says it as it is, dreamboats live in their own little bubble.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/2015 17:28, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 17/07/2015 16:59, harry wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the
EU who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our
duties towards asylum seekers.

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these
countries that asylum seekers are coming from.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message
On 17/07/2015 16:59, harry wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the EU
who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our duties
towards asylum seekers.

No it does not with the ones that show up from France etc.

Not too many asylum seekers from Scotland or Wales or Ireland.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 17/07/2015 17:28, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 17/07/2015 16:59, harry wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the
EU who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our
duties towards asylum seekers.

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these
countries that asylum seekers are coming from.

Unlikely, all of Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria, most of Africa would
have happened even if the west had ignored those completely.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/2015 21:06, Fredxxx wrote:
On 17/07/2015 17:28, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 17/07/2015 16:59, harry wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/591...nts-tax-payers

Nothing new there. We already knew that it is only immigrants from the
EU who benefit our economy. However, international law dictates our
duties towards asylum seekers.

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these
countries that asylum seekers are coming from.

Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with Eritrea
second. I don't think even Tony Blair managed to attack either of those.

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:37:41 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these
countries that asylum seekers are coming from.

Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with Eritrea
second. I don't think even Tony Blair managed to attack either of those.

That might've changed in the last few years, but for 2011, 2012 and H1
2013, it was Pakistan then Iran then Sri Lanka - with Eritrea last in the
top ten.

Pakistan was a long way down the list of nationalities granted asylum,
though...

Iran - Syria - Eritrea - Sudan.

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/assets/0002/7887/
Asylum_Statistics_May_2013.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statist...9_YB15_III.png

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:37:41 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

It might help if we didn't cause or support conflicts in some of these
countries that asylum seekers are coming from.

Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with Eritrea
second. I don't think even Tony Blair managed to attack either of those.

That might've changed in the last few years, but for 2011, 2012 and H1
2013, it was Pakistan then Iran then Sri Lanka - with Eritrea last in the
top ten.

Pakistan was a long way down the list of nationalities granted asylum,
though...

Iran - Syria - Eritrea - Sudan.

None of those were attacked by Britain either and
conflicts in those weren't supported by Britain either.

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/ass...s_May_2013.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:53:27 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

Most of those seeking asylum in Britain come from Pakistan, with
Eritrea second. I don't think even Tony Blair managed to attack either
of those.

That might've changed in the last few years, but for 2011, 2012 and H1
2013, it was Pakistan then Iran then Sri Lanka - with Eritrea last in
the top ten.

Pakistan was a long way down the list of nationalities granted asylum,
though...

Iran - Syria - Eritrea - Sudan.

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/assets/0002/7887/
Asylum_Statistics_May_2013.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statist...d/images/b/b7/

Five_main_citizenships_of_%28non-EU%29_asylum_applicants%2C_2014_%28number
%2C_rounded_figures%29_YB15_III.png

OK, 2014 numbers. Like I said - they may have changed between those
2011/12/13H1 figures I found.