Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT newsreader kill rules

I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised
and I wonder if anyone here can advise?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim Lamb
escribió:

I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

It's a long list isn't it. The sad loser's latest is "Hank"

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised
and I wonder if anyone here can advise?

I had the same problem with Chris's articles being killed, and think it
was a rule killing anything from " (now deleted). You
may find it's of the form "Name" . It doesn't seem to
matter what "Name" is, the rule operates on the email address.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2015 10:34, Tim Lamb wrote:

I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

Depends on the rules you have defined. Unfortunately TP will not tell
you which rule triggered so you will have to do it by trial and error.

Chances are it is doing what you asked it to do. I have never known it
do something wrong but I have had collateral damage from adding over
zealous killfile rules that were insufficiently thought out.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised
and I wonder if anyone here can advise?

You can write complex wildcard based rules that act on any line in the
downloaded header in TP so it is possible to do pretty sophisticated
filtering if you are so minded. I no longer use TP so your best bet is
to ask for advice in d.i.s.turnpike where the remaining experts reside.

You need to look at the full headers of the missing posts you have lost
to figure out which rule sees them as a false positive.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 10:35:00 AM UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised
and I wonder if anyone here can advise?
--
Tim Lamb

He has nyms ?

Streuth
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , Tim Lamb
escribió:

I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

It's a long list isn't it. The sad loser's latest is "Hank"

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised
and I wonder if anyone here can advise?

I had the same problem with Chris's articles being killed, and think it
was a rule killing anything from " (now deleted). You
may find it's of the form "Name" . It doesn't seem to
matter what "Name" is, the rule operates on the email address.

Ah!

I had a in the file. Now removed.

--
Tim Lamb