Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot stuff but hardly DIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of, he can't even say nuclear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of,

I did too, tho in my case I switched off.

he can't even say nuclear.

I didn't get that far, one of the most irritating voices I have heard in a
long time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2015 02:11, F Murtz wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of, he can't even say nuclear.

Given his (various) jobs which are primarily dealing with the political
difficulties of building MSRs, that makes a certain amount of sense. Why
wave a red flag for your opponents?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of, he can't even say nuclear.

Given his (various) jobs which are primarily dealing with the political
difficulties of building MSRs, that makes a certain amount of sense. Why
wave a red flag for your opponents?

That's how many Americans pronounce "nuclear". Isn't a bit childish to pick
on that?

AFAIK it's regarded as substandard even in America. Even so, not the
most important think to focus on here.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of, he can't even say nuclear.

Given his (various) jobs which are primarily dealing with the political
difficulties of building MSRs, that makes a certain amount of sense. Why
wave a red flag for your opponents?

That's how many Americans pronounce "nuclear". Isn't a bit childish to pick
on that?

I think the comment was more aimed at the point that he does not say
nuclear at all - he avoids the word altogether.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2015 02:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of,

I did too, tho in my case I switched off.

he can't even say nuclear.

I didn't get that far, one of the most irritating voices I have heard in
a long time.

Yes, just irritating yapping
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:01:35 +0100, BobH wrote:

On 26/06/2015 02:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Weatherlawyer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of,

I did too, tho in my case I switched off.

he can't even say nuclear.

I didn't get that far, one of the most irritating voices I have heard
in a long time.

Yes, just irritating yapping

One important communication skill is being able to pick out the message
in spite of how irritating the delivery system (messenger) may be. If you
are suitably skilled in this regard, the quirks of the messenger's manner
of delivery soon get tuned out if the message, as it was in this case, is
worthy of interest.

I watched it through from start to finish. It doesn't seem to be of
immediate relevance to the UK populace but it does offer some assurance
that common sense pragmatism is finally filtering through into the minds
of the great unwashed, as represented by the various political lobbying
groups, in regard of MSR being civilisations' best hope so far for cheap,
safe and almost limitless energy supply (at least for the next three
hundred years or more).

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Johnny B Good wrote
BobH wrote
Rod Speed wrote
F Murtz wrote
Weatherlawyer wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUKcBYjFic#t=110

I switched of,

I did too, tho in my case I switched off.

he can't even say nuclear.

I didn't get that far, one of the most irritating
voices I have heard in a long time.

Yes, just irritating yapping

One important communication skill is being able to pick out the message
in spite of how irritating the delivery system (messenger) may be.

But in that case there is no need to listen to it at
all, you can read the text and see what he was on
about and dont have to put up with any of the
irrelevant **** or that damned irritating voice.

If you are suitably skilled in this regard, the
quirks of the messenger's manner of delivery
soon get tuned out if the message,

Not when its as irritating as that one is.

I dont listen to politicians either, I just look at
the text summary of what they are proposing.

as it was in this case, is worthy of interest.

The subject certainly is, but he didnt say a damned thing
that hasnt been very well known for a long time now.

I watched it through from start to finish. It doesn't seem
to be of immediate relevance to the UK populace

I dont care about that stuff.

I do care about where the world is headed energy wise.

but it does offer some assurance that common sense pragmatism
is finally filtering through into the minds of the great unwashed,
as represented by the various political lobbying groups, in regard
of MSR being civilisations' best hope so far for cheap, safe and
almost limitless energy supply

Sure, but none of that is anything new.

(at least for the next three hundred years or more).

Its much longer than that with breeders and thorium.

Stuff you Want/Don't Want but Don't Much Need. Vic Smith Home Repair 12 November 23rd 12 09:19 PM
a trailer full of Stuff, Stuff, more stuff, and even more stuff was Ping Karl! pyotr filipivich Metalworking 0 May 30th 12 06:35 PM
pen stuff Ross Hebeisen Woodturning 2 April 24th 10 09:20 AM
god stuff Jack Handey Metalworking 0 July 26th 08 03:27 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM