Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Everyday Electronics electric guitar

Do you know it was only a week ago that I noticed that medicine packets
had Braille on them!...

Tony Sayer

Wow. Wondered what that was all about.
Noticed some Braile on a lift panel in a posh hotel last week too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/16 10:04, Bod wrote:

I built an electric guitar to my own design way back in the 70s. Great
fun.

I made one in ~1965 using a bog seat as the body.
They were pulling some houses down near us, would've been a shame to
waste
it.

:-)

Better for bass guitars where you need the bottom...
...I'll get my coat...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
On 22/12/16 10:04, Bod wrote:

I built an electric guitar to my own design way back in the 70s. Great
fun.

I made one in ~1965 using a bog seat as the body.
They were pulling some houses down near us, would've been a shame to
waste
it.

:-)

Better for bass guitars where you need the bottom...
..I'll get my coat...

T'was a bass actually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://youtu.be/Tk-5RVMerfI

--
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:03:08 -0000, Bod wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:39:29 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 21/12/2016 19:33, Tim Watts wrote:
On 21/12/16 16:12, rick wrote:
On 19/12/2016 11:19, wrote:
Yes, I made it, still got it... The magazine and the guitar. 1972
it is. I would need to look in the loft, to get the month

I used to get (EE from isuue No. 1) and also Practical Electronics ...
up until early 80's at that time they then swung to every project
having
an eprom
Got a bit ridiculous.

My John Linley Hood tuner still going well.
Used to be buying mail order components from Maplin or Watford
Electronics.

That seems to be a lot of stuff in Elektor now.

I built (of my own design at ages 12-14) a kitchen timer, caravan water
level meter, tacho for our car (hardest bit was isolation of spikes from
contact breaker, and debouncing) and numerous magazine and Heathkit
projects.

All of the things I built could be done with one AVR (or PIC if you
prefer). Rather than the 2-14 CMOS logic chips I used.

However, I think mine were probably more interesting and educational in
one sense rather than turning everything into a programming problem.

I built an electric guitar to my own design way back in the 70s. Great
fun.

Including carving the wood?

Yes.

Do you still have it, or a photo?

--
There was a young Chaplin from Kings,
Who talked about God and such things.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 21:08:59 UTC+1, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
Did anyone here ever make one of these, or know someone who did? Does
anyone else even remember it? Just curious.

Yes and I made one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 21:08:59 UTC+1, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
Did anyone here ever make one of these, or know someone who did? Does
anyone else even remember it? Just curious.

Yes and I made one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

That's cheating, you should at least have cut the fret slots with an NC
miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/03/17 09:19, bm wrote:
news
On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

That's cheating, you should at least have cut the fret slots with an NC
miller

Look if I had the tools and the time I would. I actually did the
drawings for some of Jim Burns guitars when we set up a small factory to
manufacture them in the 70s.

You can do nearly all you need with a router and a jig but its a hellofa
faff.

Hand carving necks works well but it takes like forever.

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:25:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 23/03/17 09:19, bm wrote:
news
On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

That's cheating, you should at least have cut the fret slots with an NC
miller

Look if I had the tools and the time I would. I actually did the
drawings for some of Jim Burns guitars when we set up a small factory to
manufacture them in the 70s.

Were you at Littleport then? The Steer and the... oh, what was the
other one called?

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/03/17 09:19, bm wrote:
news On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

That's cheating, you should at least have cut the fret slots with an NC
miller

Look if I had the tools and the time I would. I actually did the
drawings for some of Jim Burns guitars when we set up a small factory to
manufacture them in the 70s.

Were you at Littleport then? The Steer and the... oh, what was the
other one called?

Yes I was. Scorpion was it? I can't remember..

Nick

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/03/17 09:19, bm wrote:
news On 23/03/17 07:45, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/03/2017 07:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
That new eh?
2015, I'm surprised there were still any home constructors about then.
Brian

There are still some of us around now.

Well I made my guitar a couple of years ago, but I will admit I bought a
pattern part neck, body, some ready made picklups.....

Best strat I ever played tho.

That's cheating, you should at least have cut the fret slots with an NC
miller

Look if I had the tools and the time I would. I actually did the
drawings for some of Jim Burns guitars when we set up a small factory to
manufacture them in the 70s.

Were you at Littleport then? The Steer and the... oh, what was the
other one called?

Yes I was. Scorpion was it? I can't remember..

So was this while Bob Pearson was there? He was my boss at Hayman.

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/03/17 09:19, bm wrote:
[...]

Golly yes it WAS he joined a bit after we all moved up there.

Good woodworker.

Nick

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)