Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to post an (electric) guitar?

Just out of interest.. where's it going from/to? Or how far if you don't
want to divulge locations!!?

There might be enough people in this group to do a pass-the-parcel...
_______________________
The Grim Reaper

"Mike" wrote in message
I thought this would be easy but not so...
Basically I want to send an electric guitar as an Xmas present to someone
in the
uk (I'm also in the uk).

First of all I don't have anything big enough to put it it - so anyone
know
someplace I can buy a HUGE jiffy bag or eqiv? I thought to wrap it in
several
layers of bubble wrap then wrap than in brown paper - but because of the
weight
and spiky shape that may not be the best. In the past I've received
courier
parcels than arrive in the couriers own substantial plastic bag. Is that
something *they* put their parcels in - or is it something I can get from
them?

The other thing is who which courier to use? I've just spent 1/2 hr
reading the
merits of several shipping companies... DNL say their max insurance cover
for
any "parcel" is £100 and the guitar is worth about £250. Mind you I did
like
their straightforward online order form - at least it is easy to fill out.

Sigh - this is going to take until after Xmas to send :-)
Sorry for what may a seem a trivial post.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Grim Reaper
writes
Just out of interest.. where's it going from/to? Or how far if you don't
want to divulge locations!!?

There might be enough people in this group to do a pass-the-parcel...

I was going to ask ...

it's called an underground railway
The Grim Reaper

.. .