Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidy DIY Mon 29th June

One thing on offer is an impact driver. Claims 180Nm torque. At 40 quid.
Looks like it may use the same Li-Ion battery as the recent drill, jigsaw
and circular saw. Be nice if it did.

--
*The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

One thing on offer is an impact driver. Claims 180Nm torque. At 40 quid.
Looks like it may use the same Li-Ion battery as the recent drill, jigsaw
and circular saw. Be nice if it did.

Battery certainly looks similar to the 18V hammer drill I bought
recently, and spares at about £20 inc available at:

https://www.kompernass.com/index.php?route=common/shop

But the battery markings and case of the impact driver battery are
sufficiently different, so I'd suggest a thorough check if that's
important to anyone thinking of buying one.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
One thing on offer is an impact driver. Claims 180Nm torque. At 40 quid.
Looks like it may use the same Li-Ion battery as the recent drill, jigsaw
and circular saw. Be nice if it did.

Must be in demand. Got the very last one at the Clapham Junction branch at
about 11.00.

Sadly, the battery is similar to the others, but not interchangeable. Just
what I'd expect, given I have three of them. ;-(

Performance seems very good, though. Variable speed which addresses one of
the problems with the little Makita impact driver which I use a lot.

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

/Variable speed which addresses one of
the problems with the little Makita impact driver which I use a lot./q

Which model makita? Mine's got variable speed is 18v and wasn't especially expensive, indispensable now.

Jim K