Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping ARW

In a different life I used to do fire risk assessment. The contract was with
a major nationwide and offshore retailer.
This was in the early days of risk assessment - common sense was still
alive.
I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to come
directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting circuit
etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be ****ed around
with.
Is this correct?
I'm not a spark.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
In a different life I used to do fire risk assessment. The contract was
with a major nationwide and offshore retailer.
This was in the early days of risk assessment - common sense was still
alive.
I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to
come directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting
circuit etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be ****ed
around with.

Is this correct?

Yes.

I'm not a spark.

I never thought that you were. And you certainly could not a bright one.

And the point of your post is?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
In a different life I used to do fire risk assessment. The contract was
with a major nationwide and offshore retailer.
This was in the early days of risk assessment - common sense was still
alive.
I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to
come directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting
circuit etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be ****ed
around with.

Is this correct?

Yes.

Thank you.

I'm not a spark.

I never thought that you were.

Well done.

And you certainly could not a bright one.

ffs ..........

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the lighting
circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 20:42:25 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to come
directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting circuit
etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be ****ed around
with.

IANARW but

Yes. It should be a dedicated supply in fire-rated cable from as close as possible to the incoming main supply (i.e. from a main dist board not a submain board). Fire supply switchgear to be painted red.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the lighting
circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you must
have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging peanuts
off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging
peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Hmmm... been a while and no reply yet. Do you think he's realised that all
the nuts drop out when his finger is used for typing?

Did you pass the installations as safe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging
peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do.
Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"ARW" wrote in message ...

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging
peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Hmmm... been a while and no reply yet. Do you think he's realised that all
the nuts drop out when his finger is used for typing?

It's called having a life.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 June 2015 20:42:25 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to
come
directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting
circuit
etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be ****ed around
with.

IANARW but

Yes. It should be a dedicated supply in fire-rated cable from as close as
possible to the incoming main supply (i.e. from a main dist board not a
submain board). Fire supply switchgear to be painted red.

Thanks.

You seem to know much more than ARW, this does not surprise me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 June 2015 10:11:59 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Yes. It should be a dedicated supply in fire-rated cable from as close as
possible to the incoming main supply (i.e. from a main dist board not a
submain board). Fire supply switchgear to be painted red.

Thanks.
You seem to know much more than ARW, this does not surprise me.

Not necessarily; I merely answered in greater detail.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging
peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do.
Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

I never knew that fire extinguisher sales reps made so much money.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just
scavenging peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do.
Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

I never knew that fire extinguisher sales reps made so much money.

I was never a sales rep.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back
up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you
must have had some sort of training and that you were not just
scavenging peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do.
Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

I never knew that fire extinguisher sales reps made so much money.

I was never a sales rep.

Add that to the long list of things you were crap at then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the
lighting circuits.
Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back
up.

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that
you must have had some sort of training and that you were not just
scavenging peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do.
Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

I never knew that fire extinguisher sales reps made so much money.

I was never a sales rep.

Add that to the long list of things you were crap at then.

You do it for me.

101. Crap sales rep.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Bait not taken.
Btw, how goes it in your council house these days?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Did it hurt?

Btw, how goes it in your council house these days?

I'll let you know when I live in one.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

You take it, you tell me.

Btw, how goes it in your council house these days?

I'll let you know when I live in one.

Too many videos of your house Adam.
Woops Adam.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Ha ha subsidised....suppose it is the only way some people can get on in
life ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

tee hee ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

There is always a caravan in a trailer park for the lucky ones.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Btw, how goes it in your council house these days?

I'll let you know when I live in one.

Too many videos of your house Adam.
Woops Adam.

And?

Is that proof that I live in a council house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Bit rich coming from something like yourself who *seems* to think he's well
off. Admit it, the reason you don't live in the sunny south is because you
simply can't afford to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

yea baby yea ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Richard" wrote in message

Bit rich coming from something like yourself who *seems* to think he's
well off. Admit it, the reason you don't live in the sunny south is
because you simply can't afford to.

I have no problems in saying that my house once used to be a council house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/06/15 18:22, ARW wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message

Bit rich coming from something like yourself who *seems* to think he's
well off. Admit it, the reason you don't live in the sunny south is
because you simply can't afford to.

I have no problems in saying that my house once used to be a council house.

I lived in an ex council house once. Most people were fine, but some of
the kids were a PITA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message

Bit rich coming from something like yourself who *seems* to think he's
well off. Admit it, the reason you don't live in the sunny south is
because you simply can't afford to.

I have no problems in saying that my house once used to be a council house.

Yeah, I realise that. It's just that ole Pound o' crap is always so down on
everyone else...

Ping Leo Van Der Loo JD Woodturning 2 March 2nd 08 07:26 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Ping Ned S StaticsJason Metalworking 1 February 25th 06 04:38 AM
Ping BB Cliff Metalworking 0 February 21st 06 04:08 AM
NT PING John Moorhead Woodworking 2 March 22nd 05 02:18 AM