Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can't believe Screwfux

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered
with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered
with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2015 16:22, Richard wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/15 15:39, Fredxxx wrote:
"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered
with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What item?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

It let me add it to my logged in trolley.

When does it whine? Actually at checkout?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

It let me add it to my logged in trolley.

When does it whine? Actually at checkout?

After clicking "Collect today". Just tried "Add for deliver". Neither
get the offending item into my "Trolley".

What does your account have mine hasn't!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

I bought one in B&Q and it had a label saying that since it had to be
installed by a Gas Safe man no instructions are enclosed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

I bought one in B&Q and it had a label saying that since it had to be
installed by a Gas Safe man no instructions are enclosed.

I do not think I have ever seen a plumbing part *with* instructions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

It let me add it to my logged in trolley.

When does it whine? Actually at checkout?

After clicking "Collect today". Just tried "Add for deliver". Neither
get the offending item into my "Trolley".

What does your account have mine hasn't!!

Nothing - they keep badgering me to register for Electfix but I have not
even done that (as I hold a nominal "domestic installer" qualification
and sometimes buy a few bits). I have not got the heart to tell them
that I go to TLC up the road for serious purchases.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered
with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

ha ha

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

can you not just buy that in b&q ? ...

http://www.diy.com/departments/plumb.../178378_BQ.prd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Watts
writes
"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...

"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

What was the item?

Gas bayonet fitting.

It let me add it to my logged in trolley.

When does it whine? Actually at checkout?

After clicking "Collect today". Just tried "Add for deliver". Neither
get the offending item into my "Trolley".

What does your account have mine hasn't!!

Nothing -

Yup, added the hose and bayonet wall fitting to the trolley, for both
collection and delivery I can get to the point of paying with no
complaints
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2015 18:54, David Lang wrote:

I bought one in B&Q and it had a label saying that since it had to be
installed by a Gas Safe man no instructions are enclosed.

I've seen that on parts that can be used for gas fitting. It's a policy
guaranteed that some of these items will be incorrectly fitted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxxx wrote:
"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers
registered with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

I had exactly the same response from the staff at the local Pumb Center
quite some time ago for a flexible cooker connection hose [1] - but they
said that they could "recommend someone who would supply and fit the thing".

I politely explained that they were wrong and were working a scam to help
their mates get easy work - and told them where they could put that hose. I
then proceeded to an independent plumbers merchant a few miles away and
bought the item that I wanted without any problems - and a few days later, I
saw the same make flexible cooker hose in the local B&Q for double the price
that I paid!

Later on that day, I e-mailed the Plumb Center head office outlining what
had happened and asking them if they would send their reasons by return
e-mail - and I'm still waiting for that reply some seven years after the
event.

[1] I explained that the item was for my son - who is qualified within
the electronics manufacturing industry (a far higher qualification than the
then Corgi one) to install pipe-work for gases that are almost immediately
fatal to life if they escaped into the atmosphere - to install his new gas
cooker.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huh?
So how do people get them into stock for their staff, only some of whom
might be registered?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered
with the Gas Safe Register."

What bollox!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 June 2015 07:48:33 UTC+1, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Huh?
So how do people get them into stock for their staff, only some of whom
might be registered?

By using the business registration. They _could_ then allow unregistered staff
to fit one - but they probably won't.

Screwfux in Ireland Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] UK diy 1 October 27th 14 06:50 PM
ff screwfux Jim K[_3_] UK diy 0 September 23rd 11 08:05 AM
Screwfux and ParcelFarce - what a dream team - NOT! Set Square UK diy 13 April 27th 05 08:54 PM
screwfix ....or screwfux? Nicholas UK diy 15 February 13th 05 08:21 PM