Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Short IEC right angle cordset

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...duct_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other.
Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or longer. I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30.
Yes I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
whisky-dave escribió:

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other.

Lindy do them:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapte...-mains-cables-
c137/1m-mains-power-cable-uk-3-pin-plug-to-right-angled-iec-c13-black-
p8560

http://tinyurl.com/oh5wb5x

they don't seem to do them in 0.5m, unfortunately, though you could
contact them and ask.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...duct_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the
other. Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less
than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or
longer. I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30. Yes I know I could
make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit time consuming
as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

I have a box of right angle leads here somewhere. Moulded on IEC plugs,
but no mains plug. Cable is IIRC screened, so rather stiff to bend. And
the wire colours don't conform to the current spec.

If they might suit, contact me via email (address below, observe spam
trap) and I'll dig them out and see how many there are.

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 June 2015 11:07:54 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,
whisky-dave escribió:

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other..

Lindy do them:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapte...-mains-cables-
c137/1m-mains-power-cable-uk-3-pin-plug-to-right-angled-iec-c13-black-
p8560

http://tinyurl.com/oh5wb5x

they don't seem to do them in 0.5m, unfortunately, though you could
contact them and ask.

I've asked they were quick with the reply and said we'd need to buy 500 pcs for a special order.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 June 2015 11:24:51 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...duct_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the
other. Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less
than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or
longer. I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30. Yes I know I could
make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit time consuming
as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

I have a box of right angle leads here somewhere. Moulded on IEC plugs,
but no mains plug. Cable is IIRC screened, so rather stiff to bend. And
the wire colours don't conform to the current spec.

That'd give the H&S people a heart attack and a brain hemorrhage at the same time, - non standard colours and puttig a plug on, cheers for the offer though.

I could buy the separate bits and make them up but then they'd have to get their 'men' in to test them, who only come over the christmas new year period when they check everything out of hours. Last time I had about 3,000 items checked over 2 days or rather nights.
Thing is these leads will be needed for late september 2015, I wanted to tidy the leads as they are for the new soldering irons.
http://www.antex.co.uk/soldering/sol...stations/690d/

didn't want to have to secure them with P clips but that might be the best/only way.

If they might suit, contact me via email (address below, observe spam
trap) and I'll dig them out and see how many there are.

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Thing is these leads will be needed for late september 2015, I wanted to tidy the leads as they are for the new soldering irons.
http://www.antex.co.uk/soldering/sol...stations/690d/

Nice to see someone else likes Antex. My favourite by far.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...Power-Leads-IE
C/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Righ
t-Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Nice to see someone else likes Antex.

I grew up on Antex, started with the SK1 kit and then added an X25 for a
bit more oomph, I still have a couple stashed away as spares somewhere,
but now I use a cheapo chinese combined temperature controlled iron and
hot air reflow gun

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/11104473/YIHUA_995D_LCD_rework_station.html

Granted the hot air part sees more action on heatshrink than it does on
PCBs, but has allowed me to to fix the odd thing that's too fine for me
to consider with an iron.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...duct_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other.
Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or longer.
I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30.

Yes I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit
time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m
lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit
time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m
lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?

Sounds like dave works in educational establishment that insist on PAT
stickers plastered everywhere. A brand new lead with moulded-on ends
(therefore unseen and with potentially shoddy wiring) from china is
trusted to be good until the next stickering exercise, yet something he
could carefully make and test himself is treated like it's made of razor
wire ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
whisky-dave writes

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...ower-Leads-IEC
/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Right-
Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other.
Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or
longer. I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30.
Yes I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a
bit time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too
before use.

Ebay? e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-RIGHT-A...PE-POWER-CABLE
-UK-PLUG-LCD-LED-ANGLED-MAINS-LEAD/230882839810?

There will no doubt be other sellers, and I'm sure they will do a deal
if you contact them
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 June 2015 20:40:07 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...Power-Leads-IE
C/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Righ
t-Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

We're not allowed to order through ebay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 08:58:42 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...duct_info.html

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other.
Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or longer.
I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30.

Yes I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit
time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m
lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?

--
Adam

Any alteration including changing a fuse apparently warrents a new electrical test.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 09:55:05 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit
time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m
lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?

Sounds like dave works in educational establishment that insist on PAT
stickers plastered everywhere. A brand new lead with moulded-on ends
(therefore unseen and with potentially shoddy wiring) from china is
trusted to be good until the next stickering exercise, yet something he
could carefully make and test himself is treated like it's made of razor
wire ...

Yes that is correct it's silly but it's all to do withy admin, and it's better to employ an admin person to box tick than someone to carry out the work ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Friday, 12 June 2015 20:40:07 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...Power-Leads-IE
C/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Righ
t-Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

We're not allowed to order through ebay.

lots of ebay sellers of such things have their own websites etc. -ebay
is just one way for them to sell.

Contact them to see if they can do a sale through normal channels?

Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave scribeth thus
On Friday, 12 June 2015 20:40:07 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...Power-Leads-IE
C/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Righ
t-Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

We're not allowed to order through ebay.

If not why not?..

Strikes me that some well set in their ways outfit your working for;!...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 12 June 2015 20:40:07 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

http://www.electrosupplies.co.uk/Ele...Power-Leads-IE
C/Kettle-&-Figure-8-Cables/c4_126_428/p64822/1-x-IEC-Female-Socket-Righ
t-Angled-1-x-UK-Mains-Plug-Lead,-2m,-13A/product_info.html

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

We're not allowed to order through ebay.

Many very large firms (like Maplin for example) sell through Ebay too. You
can usually find this easily - then go to their own site etc direct.

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
We're not allowed to order through ebay.

If not why not?..

Strikes me that some well set in their ways outfit your working for;!...

VAT receipt?

--
Small asylum seeker wanted as mud flap, must be flexible and willing to travel

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

So you should have access to one of these:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg107.htm
Maintaining portable electrical equipment

Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment
Date of publication:
2013
ISBN:
978 0 7176 6606 5
Series code:
HSG107 (Third edition)
Price:
£15.00
Download a free copy

Buy this product
Do you have control over or use portable electrical equipment in the
workplace?

This guidance is for managers, electricians, technicians and users and gives
sensible advice on maintaining portable electrical equipment to prevent
danger. It covers equipment that is connected to the fixed mains supply or a
locally generated supply.

It outlines a recommended maintenance plan based on a straightforward,
inexpensive system of user checks, formal visual inspection and testing.
/q

Then I suggest that you point some high level bean counter to these:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2012/hse-pattesting.htm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/fa...ce-testing.htm

HTH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 14:25:29 UTC+1, Richard wrote:
[...]

Date of publication:
2013
ISBN:
978 0 7176 6606 5
Series code:
HSG107 (Third edition)
Price:
Å15.00
Download a free copy

Buy this product
Do you have control over or use portable electrical equipment in the
workplace?

This guidance is for managers, electricians, technicians and users and gives
sensible advice on maintaining portable electrical equipment to prevent
danger. It covers equipment that is connected to the fixed mains supply or a
locally generated supply.

It outlines a recommended maintenance plan based on a straightforward,
inexpensive system of user checks, formal visual inspection and testing.
/q

Then I suggest that you point some high level bean counter to these:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2012/hse-pattesting.htm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/fa...ce-testing.htm

HTH

Cheers, but I'm not interested the college makes the rules and that's that.
If they want everything checked every year then that's what's down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
snip
Any alteration including changing a fuse apparently warrents a new
electrical test.

So you should have access to one of these:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg107.htm
Maintaining portable electrical equipment

Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment
Date of publication:
2013
ISBN:
978 0 7176 6606 5
Series code:
HSG107 (Third edition)
Price:
L15.00
[...]

No chance of progress there then...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 17:15:36 UTC+1, Richard wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
snip
Any alteration including changing a fuse apparently warrents a new
electrical test.

So you should have access to one of these:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg107.htm
Maintaining portable electrical equipment

Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment
Date of publication:
[...]

Very astute of you. I've tried and given up all they do is employ people to write fine sounding documents that mean virtually nothing in the real world.
One example is the Occupational Health, Safety and Well-being Policy
and Framework (Ref: QM_OHSD_GA001).
I tried skimming through this 27 page document to see if I could find any information. I gave up and thought I'd use a search on the PDF for "electrical"
and I couldn't find a single reference.

When you click on our departmental link
"*Electrical safety - in preparation. Contains a link to the College information." you get sent to the ohsd.
If you're really that interested it's here :-
http://www.ohsd.qmul.ac.uk/

But I reserve the right to claim it's my idea if you find that this site cures insommnia

Oh and our dept. H&S web site still lists fire marshals that left 4 years ago.
and they have just put out a request for fire marshel volenteers to be trained/retrained.
One has retired another now lives in the USA, they're probablity wondering why these individuals haven't replied for retraining.

I've refused for the past 4 years and plan to refuse this year too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
whisky-dave escribió:

http://www.ohsd.qmul.ac.uk/

Ah, academentia. Explains a lot

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Usual British disease .. **** poor management..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 11:32:01 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:
[...]

is it just British I wonder.

anyway there's a H&S job going if anyones intrested.

http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/items/151396.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most firm's we work for do have a payment card available for small
purchases in order to -reduce- the amount of paperwork required!.

We do too, but ebay is still frowned upon as most things can be brouhg from
standard suppliers, so it's almost a last resort.

We use ebay and have no problems in getting receipts etc.

Don't think reciepts are the problem as such but teh admin cost might out weight
any benifits as do cheques. If we need a chegue it takes two weeks as they meet
once every 2 weeks, and admin says it cost 30 quid to generate a cheque.

What's wrong with a screen print of what they sell as a quote?.

Do you get quotes for other small items you might need?.

not usually needed, but if you're going to an unknown supplier.
But it is partly the hassle you go through in getting this sort of order
processed.

Sounds to me they exist for their own benefit rather than those there're
supposed to serve..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Sounds to me they exist for their own benefit rather than those there're
supposed to serve..

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

(Ref: QM_OHSD_GA001).
I tried skimming through this 27 page document to see if I could find
any information. I gave up and thought I'd use a search on the PDF
for "electrical" and I couldn't find a single reference.

Nope, I expected to find "PAT" or "electric" but neither returned
anything, I do hope you use a suitable acronym for

Wendy Appleby: Academic Registry Senior Executive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Sounds to me they exist for their own benefit rather than those there're
supposed to serve..

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Thats not the point Dave really is it ?. The OP does know what he wants
just seems he's got his hands tied by the accounts bureaucracy..

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Well if you can't find them at a better price and in this instance they
don't have 'em;!..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

Dave Plowman scribeth thus:

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Well if you can't find them at a better price

If caught short, RS are much cheaper than Maplin for mains leads, cat5
cables etc, and it's easier to park at a trade counter than a shop on
the high street ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 17:11:30 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Properly specced mains leads are very widely available, so no sense paying RS's barmy prices.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 19:17:44 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Wendy Appleby: Academic Registry Senior Executive

ha
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 16:52:06 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

[...]

Wow really.., falls off chair, who'd have guessed ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
Sounds to me they exist for their own benefit rather than those there're
supposed to serve..

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Yes that's a/the good point and what I think is their point of view, they don't want the 'comeback' if things go wrong.

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Well if they'd leave those that know what they are doing to decide it'd be OK but they have to be in 'charge' and assume we're as clueless as they are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 20:16:39 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

Dave Plowman scribeth thus:

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Well if you can't find them at a better price

If caught short, RS are much cheaper than Maplin for mains leads, cat5
cables etc, and it's easier to park at a trade counter than a shop on
the high street ...

Yes we are in Mile End the closest RS is in Bow, I can walk there in ~30mins or so. I'd probabley use Rapid elec. anyway. Thing is I've a box of about 50 IEC leads that are ~1.8 metres unused. Presently concidering geting 20 from lindly as suggested.

Today I'm looking for low temp solder and I mean LOW temp of around ~150C
so far I've found 3ft for $95. Need cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

Today I'm looking for low temp solder and I mean LOW temp of around ~150C
so far I've found 3ft for $95. Need cheaper.

Indium wire?

http://www.cryospares.co.uk/Indium-Wire-p/c4-102.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 22:37:15 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 18 June 2015 19:17:44 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Wendy Appleby: Academic Registry Senior Executive

ha

that's strange I tried our search
http://www.dir.qmul.ac.uk/search?ter...eby&option=any

and it didn't find her.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Thursday, 18 June 2015 17:11:30 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Properly specced mains leads are very widely available, so no sense
paying RS's barmy prices.

The point I was making is can you be sure they will be 'properly specced'
when bought from Ebay?

I wouldn't guarantee it. But would from the likes of RS.

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 11:57:25 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

Today I'm looking for low temp solder and I mean LOW temp of around ~150C
so far I've found 3ft for $95. Need cheaper.

Indium wire?

http://www.cryospares.co.uk/Indium-Wire-p/c4-102.htm

cheers still expensive at £25 a metre
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 June 2015 12:16:28 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
nt wrote:
On Thursday, 18 June 2015 17:11:30 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If I ran somewhere where safety critical parts had to be bought in -
perhaps by someone not particularly qualified to do so - I'm not sure I'd
allow them to use Ebay either. There is a lot of junk sold on there. As
well as some good stuff.

Probably safer to stick to the likes of RS Components for things like
mains leads.

Properly specced mains leads are very widely available, so no sense
paying RS's barmy prices.

The point I was making is can you be sure they will be 'properly specced'
when bought from Ebay?

I wouldn't guarantee it. But would from the likes of RS.

Obviously not buying from RS does not imply buying from ebay

NT