Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self drilling screws

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you actually tried one in a bit of timber? Maybe you will find that, in spite of what you think, they actually work OK!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:23:57 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood
screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole
the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill
thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

they are not wood screws

steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Murmansk" wrote in message
Have you actually tried one in a bit of timber?

Maybe you will find that, in spite of what you think

How dare you accuse the OP of thinking:-)?

He knows exactly what he has.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:57:42 +0100, steve.n wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:23:57 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood
screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole
the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill
thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

they are not wood screws

They look like wood screws apart from the drill bit. What are they for then?

--
When Mike got arrested, the police told him, "Anything you say will be held against you."
Mike smiled and simply replied, "Jessica Simpson's boobs."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 20:08:52 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:57:42 +0100, steve.n wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:23:57 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood
screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole
the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill
thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

they are not wood screws

They look like wood screws apart from the drill bit. What are they for then?

they might be self drilling self tapping metal screws

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Murmansk" wrote in message
Have you actually tried one in a bit of timber?

Maybe you will find that, in spite of what you think

How dare you accuse the OP of thinking:-)?

He knows exactly what he has.

the stupid troll has a wank over every reply he gets
he has not had a **** for years

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 20:24:14 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 12:17:20 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 20:08:52 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:57:42 +0100, steve.n wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:23:57 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few
wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill
makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always
use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't
have anything to grip!

they are not wood screws

They look like wood screws apart from the drill bit. What are they
for then?

they might be self drilling self tapping metal screws

NT

Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...ing%2 0Screws

But they look like the drill bit is narrower than the thread.
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 20:08:52 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:57:42 +0100, steve.n wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:23:57 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few
wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill
makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always
use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't
have anything to grip!

they are not wood screws

They look like wood screws apart from the drill bit. What are they
for then?

they might be self drilling self tapping metal screws

NT

Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...ing%2 0Screws

But they look like the drill bit is narrower than the thread.

As do mine. But it means there's bugger all squished wood for the thread to grab.

--
Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it hard to believe there is no paperwork involved when your house lands on a witch.
-- Dave James
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 18:24:06 UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

They are ****wit screws
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've screwed a ****wit and she was a lot more fun than those.

--
A redhead tells her blonde stepsister, "I slept with a Brazilian...." The blonde replies, "Oh my God! You slut! How many is a brazilian?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

They aren't meant for wood, they are self tappers intended for metal, not
wood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Oops.

--
Two Irish couples decided to swap partners for the night.
After 3 hours of amazing sex, Paddy says "I wonder how the girls are getting on".