Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default liquid cryste display failure modes

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:13:54 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Mark
Allread writes
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:04:04 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

My PVR handset buttons have become very unreliable, particularly the
*fast forward* which gets used to avoid adverts. Now rather mature
Topfield 5810. I am reluctant to replace the box having renewed the
electrolytics and filled the drive with cherished films.

Why not just replace the handset with a generic one? They are available
in many stores/on-line.

Oh!

Not thought of that.

15 quid or so from Amazon supplier and good reviews!

Ta:-)

If by generic you mean the ones with many programmable aliases, you
may find that not all the original buttons are reproduced.

I have always been able to mend old remotes by dismantling and
cleaning the board and buttons with soap and water. Go easy on the
buttons to avoid rubbing off the conductive carbon coating.
--
Dave W

RCD Failure modes Andrew Mawson UK diy 4 March 3rd 11 02:30 PM
LCD Monitor failure modes ? Adrian Brentnall UK diy 33 February 20th 11 06:54 PM
PIR sensor failure modes John Rumm UK diy 2 July 5th 09 02:04 PM
failure modes of shellac [email protected] Woodworking 19 July 21st 05 01:55 AM