Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Full bore 22mm flexible hoses

replying to fred, CraigM wrote:
not wrote:

In article , Capitol capitol/@freedo
muk.freeserve.co.uk writes
BES have 22mm with 19mm bore in 30cm length, code 13753, but only
13mm in other lengths. http://www.bes.ltd.uk , watch the vat + post.
However, I don't think a *short* length of reduced bore makes a lot of
difference, a 30cm length of 13mm will have the same restriction as 70cm
of 22mm; if I calculate correctly. 60cm of 13mm == 1.4m of 22mm.

19mm full bore including the fittings are available on ebay, pictures
supplied on the site. Most of the hoses assemblies throttle down to about
9mm inside the hose termination so you need to be careful what you fit
onto a bath tap. Flexi pipes are brilliant and very quick, if you have
sufficient copper pipe I would go for JG speed fit adapter 3/4BSP - 22mm
speed fit which is full bore (19mm Approx)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

not wrote:

In article , Capitol capitol/@freedo
muk.freeserve.co.uk writes
BES have 22mm with 19mm bore in 30cm length, code 13753, but only
13mm in other lengths. http://www.bes.ltd.uk , watch the vat + post.
However, I don't think a *short* length of reduced bore makes a lot of
difference, a 30cm length of 13mm will have the same restriction as 70cm
of 22mm; if I calculate correctly. 60cm of 13mm == 1.4m of 22mm.

19mm full bore including the fittings are available on ebay, pictures
supplied on the site. Most of the hoses assemblies throttle down to about
9mm inside the hose termination so you need to be careful what you fit
onto a bath tap. Flexi pipes are brilliant and very quick, if you have
sufficient copper pipe I would go for JG speed fit adapter 3/4BSP - 22mm
speed fit which is full bore (19mm Approx)

Did JG Speed fit existed around the time of the original OP's post?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxxx wrote:

CraigM wrote:

fred wrote:

Capitol wrote:

Has anyone sourced full bore 22mm or 15mm flexible hoses?

BES have 22mm with 19mm bore in 30cm length, code 13753

I would go for JG speed fit adapter 3/4BSP - 22mm

Did JG Speed fit existed around the time of the original OP's post?

2004? Speedfit had been around for thirty years by then, but wasn't
plastic initially.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

not wrote:

In article , Capitol capitol/@freedo
muk.freeserve.co.uk writes
BES have 22mm with 19mm bore in 30cm length, code 13753, but only
13mm in other lengths. http://www.bes.ltd.uk , watch the vat + post.
However, I don't think a *short* length of reduced bore makes a lot of
difference, a 30cm length of 13mm will have the same restriction as 70cm
of 22mm; if I calculate correctly. 60cm of 13mm == 1.4m of 22mm.

Did JG Speed fit existed around the time of the original OP's post?

We started using the smaller sizes from the mid seventies where they
replaced Enots brass compression fittings for a lot of applications.
The first week we had them the store man got a bit sniffy as
following the general style of the Cadburys Smash Martian which was
on the TV at the time we used a hundred or so fittings to build
something similar with a pressure gauge for a face and put it on his
desk.
Being a typical miserable ******* store man he complained about the
cost "You've just wasted about £50 pounds of fittings "as he was
oblivious that they could be easily separated without damage.

G.Harman

Tap flexible hoses Broadback UK diy 6 October 5th 20 03:45 AM
22mm full bore valves. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 1 January 16th 08 11:58 PM
Legionella & Flexible Tap Hoses Merryterry UK diy 11 November 26th 06 02:42 PM
Which flexible tap hoses do I need?! Lobster UK diy 7 July 16th 05 09:46 AM
Life of Flexible Hoses Edward W. Thompson UK diy 6 July 11th 05 06:38 PM