Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT FreeCell game 11982

Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:09:23 +0100, gareth wrote:

Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=freecell+game+%2311982
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gareth" wrote in message
Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

I have found the solution to the question, but not, it would seem,
the solution to the puzzle ...

http://freecellgamesolutions.com/fcs/?game=11982

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 25 May 2015 11:39:58 +0100, gareth wrote:

"gareth" wrote in message
Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

I have found the solution to the question, but not, it would seem,
the solution to the puzzle ...

http://freecellgamesolutions.com/fcs/?game=11982

I think you saved most of your face there, Gareth. But you might just
have a little bit of egg left on one or two of your chins.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gareth" wrote in message
Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

I have found the solution to the question, but not, it would seem,
the solution to the puzzle ...

http://freecellgamesolutions.com/fcs/?game=11982

I think you saved most of your face there, Gareth. But you might just
have a little bit of egg left on one or two of your chins.

As I said previously,

" ... but now it has degenerated to become a cesspit
of the ignorant and gratuitously abusive lower classes .. "

QED, I think, in spades?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gareth" wrote in message
Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?
I have found the solution to the question, but not, it would seem,
the solution to the puzzle ...

http://freecellgamesolutions.com/fcs/?game=11982

I think you saved most of your face there, Gareth. But you might just
have a little bit of egg left on one or two of your chins.

As I said previously,

" ... but now it has degenerated to become a cesspit
of the ignorant and gratuitously abusive lower classes .. "

QED, I think, in spades?

Not only that, but the childish coward who is hiding behind a pseusdonym in
order to shout out her abusive remarks has stalked me here from
free.uk.radio-amateur

As I said, particularly in her case, "gratuitously abusive lower classes "

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
Is this the famous one that cannot be solved?

I have found the solution to the question, but not, it would seem,
the solution to the puzzle ...
http://freecellgamesolutions.com/fcs/?game=11982

There are eight unsolvable games apparently: 11,982; 146,692; 186,216;
455,889; 495,505; 512,118; 517,776 and 781,948, but they can be solved
with five free cells rather than four.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_FreeCell

Having been presented with 11982 as a challenge by a friend, and tried for
several days without success, I bethought me this morning to google for
it and my gasted was never so flabbered by the number of Internet hits
for that one game alone!

For those of us who are bellringers, I wonder if there might be some
explanation in the mathematics of W.H.Thompson who, about 120
years ago, proved that a peal of Grandsire Triples could not be produced
using common bobs alone, for it seems to me that the swapping of positions
of cards might bear some similarity to the swapping of bells in the changes?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 May 2015 12:37:48 +0100, "gareth"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Dunno about Thompson and bell-ringing, but this site claims to offer a
programme for solving games automatically "FreeCell pro; a program
with built-in solver" http://tinyurl.com/2h9bkd

Doesn't solve that one.

Not tried it though.

Used it for years now. Main problem is that there is no smartphone version.

O/T: What A Game Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 6 October 29th 11 04:47 PM
Fun Game Phil-In-Mich. Woodworking 1 September 3rd 08 05:37 PM
Irritating Game Game qmmary Metalworking 5 January 27th 08 07:30 AM
GAME BOX J T Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 12:07 AM
New Game Carmi Gross Electronics 0 August 25th 04 08:28 PM