Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi ladder

Anyone have any experience of the quality of these ladders?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ss-stepladder/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

None expressed precisely :
Anyone have any experience of the quality of these ladders?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ss-stepladder/

Not that particular one, but experience of similar..

If you think they will be lighter, you may be disappointed. The
electrical industry uses them because they are insulated.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

None wrote:

Anyone have any experience of the quality of these ladders?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ss-stepladder/

Crown DC had these at £48 in December - or ones that look like it.
They're typically advertised at £65ish, so if you want one, get one, but
check they are a tight fit - I tried someone elses steps last week,and
was very surprised at how flexible the legs were - made me think they
were broken, whereas mine are rock solid.
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2015 21:46, None wrote:
Anyone have any experience of the quality of these ladders?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ss-stepladder/

They say BS EN 131, which is equivalent to Class II, or a commercial
(rather than industrial) grade ladder. Ignore the 150kg loading though;
that is the maximum static load. The working load is 115kg, which would
mean I couldn't carry much weight up that ladder. IME Fibreglass ladders
are remarkably heavy.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , None
writes
Anyone have any experience of the quality of these ladders?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...etail/ps/p/pre
mium-6-tread-fibreglass-stepladder/

Not answering the question, but I find that size ladder to be neither
one thing nor t'other. I have a small step ladder with two steps and a
platform, which I use all the time. It is light, so can be carried
around easily in one hand, so I use it rather than just to grab a chair
to stand on. Because it is small, it lives indoors, in the broom
cupboard with the ironing board - both made by Beldray.

For higher use, I like the type that has a 'loop' at the top, above the
highest step - it just makes me feel safer, or more balanced, if I can
rest my thighs against the loop when painting the ceiling or whatever.
--
Graeme