Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete spall repair

"rick" wrote in message
I have about 150m of fencing ... created by using concrete H posts ..
on a couple of them the concrete has spalled off ... about 3" or so about
3/4 wide exposing the reinforcing bar below.

I need to treat and fill to prevent spread.

I thought of painting exposed steel with a rust conversion preparation
.... and then filling the void.
I could use a mortar mix and cement PVA adhesive, or is there a better
approach.. maybe a gunnable cartridge product made for this.

There are special kits forthis pupose.
Your builders merchant will get onefor you I 'spect.
Or.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...air-kit-087324

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 May 2015 14:52:40 UTC+1, rick wrote:
I have about 150m of fencing ... created by using concrete H posts ..
on a couple of them the concrete has spalled off ... about 3" or so
about 3/4 wide exposing the reinforcing bar below.

I need to treat and fill to prevent spread.

I thought of painting exposed steel with a rust conversion preparation
.... and then filling the void.
I could use a mortar mix and cement PVA adhesive, or is there a better
approach.. maybe a gunnable cartridge product made for this.

EVA. Or SBR. Epoxy mortar would be better of course, but £ouch.

NT

How to repair this concrete step Sal Mauro Home Repair 8 July 15th 11 04:44 PM
Concrete Repair Question Bob Rusin Home Repair 0 June 29th 11 01:13 AM
Concrete Repair and Tile Repair Dottie Home Repair 5 November 14th 09 10:37 PM
Concrete Repair NSN Home Repair 7 October 6th 08 12:44 AM
Concrete Floor Repair Tim Blank UK diy 2 May 9th 06 09:34 AM