Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to repair this concrete step

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 2:11*pm, Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

The immediate area looks like it is all deteriorating. No patch is
going to stay on if the material it is attached to is falling apart.
Andthat looks like the case here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2011 2:11 PM, Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

I'd clean it up and patch concrete with concrete.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

1. Chip, grind and brush off everything loose and/or deteriorated

2. Clean the area with acid

3. Drill one or more appropriately sized holes

4. Pack mortar into the holes

5. Insert rebar "dowels" in holes so they stick out as they are to anchor the
patch

6. Form the patch with concrete if patch is large enough, mortar if not.

Do I have to mix any chemicals in the concrete to make it stronger?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 7:02*pm, Sal Mauro wrote:
Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

1. Chip, grind *and brush off everything loose and/or deteriorated

2. Clean the area with acid

3. Drill one or more appropriately sized holes

4. Pack mortar into the holes

5. Insert rebar "dowels" in holes so they stick out as they are to anchor the
patch

6. Form the patch with concrete if patch is large enough, mortar if not..

* *Do I have to mix any chemicals in the concrete to make it stronger?- Hide quoted text -

I'm with James on this one. Think of repairing concrete like
dental work. Before you can do any filling you have to have
something that is sound and not decayed to bond to. From
the pic, that step does not look like it's in good shape. But
without being there it's hard to tell. What you need to do
is find out if in fact you have something sound enough to
salvage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Time for new steps nothing including concrete lasts forever.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sal Mauro wrote the following:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

Your damage looks like this.

_________________
/ \
____/ \________

You want it to look like this to prevent the patch falling out.

_________________
\ /
___\ /_______

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2011 7:14 PM, wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:02 pm, Sal wrote:
Sal Mauro wrote:
[...]

Need more data, like some wider angle pictures showing the whole stoop
and general condition. But yeah, that concrete does look to be
questionable. I'd whack at it with a brick hammer and cold chisel, and
see what else easily crumbles off. If this is the front door, and you
may be reselling anytime within next several years, I'd strongly
consider a rip'n'replace. A failed front stoop, along with condition of
the front door, is one of the first clues people store in their heads,
right behind what place looks like from the curb.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 2:11*pm, Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

I think you will find that the "patch" in this case would end up
being larger than the remainder of the stairs...

Jackhammer out the remains of the stoop and start again...

~~ Evan

concrete step repair & slate [email protected] Home Repair 5 October 2nd 07 10:40 PM
Repairing a concrete step. David DeBoer Home Repair 1 June 7th 07 05:42 PM
Concrete step replacement robgraham UK diy 3 May 9th 07 05:18 PM
Concrete Step diablo Home Repair 9 March 6th 07 10:16 AM
Repair Concrete Step Buck Turgidson Home Repair 6 November 13th 06 01:29 AM