Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to repair this concrete step

On Jul 14, 7:02*pm, Sal Mauro wrote:
Sal Mauro wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/step2wc.jpg/

I want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What
do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks

1. Chip, grind *and brush off everything loose and/or deteriorated

2. Clean the area with acid

3. Drill one or more appropriately sized holes

4. Pack mortar into the holes

5. Insert rebar "dowels" in holes so they stick out as they are to anchor the
patch

6. Form the patch with concrete if patch is large enough, mortar if not..

* *Do I have to mix any chemicals in the concrete to make it stronger?- Hide quoted text -

I'm with James on this one. Think of repairing concrete like
dental work. Before you can do any filling you have to have
something that is sound and not decayed to bond to. From
the pic, that step does not look like it's in good shape. But
without being there it's hard to tell. What you need to do
is find out if in fact you have something sound enough to
salvage.