Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (Totally OT) Combs

Apropos of nothing really, I was standing in the bathroom this morning,
and suddenly realised I do not own a comb, and have not done so for
years. I doubt there is a comb in the house, and my 14 year old has
probably never seen one. Looking at eBay, there are few available,
which speaks volumes, eBay sellers existing to satisfy almost any
demand.

There was a time when I, like everyone else, always had a comb in my
pocket. When did the habit die? With the death of the traditional
short back and sides? Combs used to be everywhere. Every shop in every
touristy place sold combs, stamped Clacton or wherever. Haven't noticed
a comb for sale for years. Mind you, to need a comb, one needs hair :-)

I wonder how many people still regularly carry a comb, or even use a
comb.

--
Graeme, not The Fonz