Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Education

Got an e-mail headed;

'work need done'

The message was;

'hi david i ask how much will cost to plastic a bedroom as they only 3
walls need plastic as how much would it cost as you can get hold me on
xxxx xxxxxx.'

I replied;

Hi
'I guess you mean plaster?
In which case I'm sorry but I can't help, I don't do plastering.'

The reply came back;

'ok thank you of update if i don't ask i done know'

His first name & surname were very common English names, so I assume
English is his first language, although I might be wrong.

SWMBO works in social services and commented that they get many
similarly poor communications.

Not saying my grasp of grammar & punctuation is 100% perfect.

Which prompts the question; just how bad is our education system?

OT Education Leon[_7_] Woodworking 33 June 6th 14 06:34 PM
OT-Higher Education Howard Beal Metalworking 4 April 14th 13 06:02 AM
Education Tom Watson Woodworking 102 January 12th 08 07:02 AM
Nailgun education Gunner Asch[_2_] Metalworking 10 December 31st 07 03:30 AM
Alternative education [email protected] UK diy 10 April 8th 06 01:06 AM