Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT; Education

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Got an e-mail headed;

'work need done'

The message was;

'hi david i ask how much will cost to plastic a bedroom as they only 3
walls need plastic as how much would it cost as you can get hold me on
xxxx xxxxxx.'

I replied;

Hi
'I guess you mean plaster?
In which case I'm sorry but I can't help, I don't do plastering.'

The reply came back;

'ok thank you of update if i don't ask i done know'

His first name & surname were very common English names, so I assume
English is his first language, although I might be wrong.

SWMBO works in social services and commented that they get many similarly
poor communications.

Not saying my grasp of grammar & punctuation is 100% perfect.

Which prompts the question; just how bad is our education system?

You dont know that one was produced by the british education system.

Or that it even bothered to show up in school much even if it was.