Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing sealant from shower base

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:39:07 PM UTC+1, Road_Hog wrote:
Long time member of the group, haven't posted for a while, but the level of help here has always quite good.

Now, I know this subject was almost a weekly question a few years back, but I couldn't seem to find the threads.

I did a complete bodge job about 4 years ago, in a rush to get it done, light was starting to fade and the inlaws were coming for Easter.

I want to remove it and redo it. I used the super duper very waterproof stuff, that was as slimey as hell, not the sealant I've used before.

And past times, I would pick the cheap option and spend hours doing it, with satisfaction that I'd done it for tuppence. However, I had a stroke last year and spent two months in hospital. I have a different view now, I want it to be as easy as possible (except paying someone else) and the expense is very much secondary.

So, wihtout runing the shower base and perspex/glass (or whatever it is), what are the options? I'm kind of forlornly hoping you get something to spray on it and it just peels away after half an hour.

Found the lidl triangular plastic silicone removal tool to be easy on a plastic shower base, knife being plastic no danger of scraping the plastic base and the triangular shape dug in nicely and pulled up the vast majority of the silicone in long chunks, minimal wipe down with thinners after.

Similar to the remover in this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAITHFULL-...em4d18d1 c80e