Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blocked Microbore

I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator drain
incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in succession to try
to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would like to
try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique we use with a
sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2015 17:55, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator drain
incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in succession to try
to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would like to
try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique we use with a
sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?

I used a length of good fit piano wire to clear a microbore pipe a
number of years ago. It was in a kitchen, so a few old towels on the
floor moped up any spill.
Disconnected pipe from rad. No flow. Worked wire into pipe as far as
manifold. worked it out again complete with a flow of gunge. Soon ran
clear(er) and reconnected pipe. Still works ten years on!

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 16:55:24 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator drain
incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in succession to try
to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would like to
try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique we use with a
sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?

When I had microbore I obtained a five metre reel of that coiled wire
you hang net curtains on across windows.

You can open the end going into the pipe up slightly to form a hook to
scour and put the oher end in a speed adjusted electric drill to
rotate as you stuff it up the pipe. Never failed to unblock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

EricP wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator
drain incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in
succession to try to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would
like to try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique
we use with a sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?

When I had microbore I obtained a five metre reel of that coiled wire
you hang net curtains on across windows.

You can open the end going into the pipe up slightly to form a hook to
scour and put the oher end in a speed adjusted electric drill to
rotate as you stuff it up the pipe. Never failed to unblock.

But what happens if it gets stuck????
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2015 21:03, DerbyBorn wrote:
EricP wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a blockage on a flow pipe to one small radiator.

I would like to try connecting something - by way of the radiator
drain incorporated in the valve to allow me to suck - blow in
succession to try to loosen the blockage.

Using the mains pressure in the system won't move it - but I would
like to try depressurising the system and using the sort of technique
we use with a sink plunger - but I cant think what to use.

Any ideas?

When I had microbore I obtained a five metre reel of that coiled wire
you hang net curtains on across windows.

You can open the end going into the pipe up slightly to form a hook to
scour and put the oher end in a speed adjusted electric drill to
rotate as you stuff it up the pipe. Never failed to unblock.

But what happens if it gets stuck????

The you rotate in the reverse direction, to unhook any obstruction.

Site to open the blocked sites and blocked and encoded alagmy2030 Metalworking 0 February 11th 11 11:51 PM
Site to open the blocked sites and blocked and encoded porxy Electronics Repair 0 January 6th 11 12:47 PM
microbore Stephen[_2_] UK diy 13 September 25th 08 11:46 PM
Microbore John UK diy 4 March 31st 05 11:40 PM
Please help - to microbore or not...? Rebecca UK diy 17 August 21st 03 04:05 PM