Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Robots.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:21:42 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:21:42 +0100, harryagain wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

They're entirely genuine. Still somewhat crude, though. But gradual and
continuous improvements are being made. They should have something truly
special to show us in another 20 years from now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2015 13:21, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

The big one looks like the US Army's legged squad support system; 400lb
payload and 20 mile range over any sort of terrain. Presumably the
smaller version is a development of that, perhaps for operations that
need something a bit quieter.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 12/04/2015 13:21, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

The big one looks like the US Army's legged squad support system; 400lb
payload and 20 mile range over any sort of terrain. Presumably the
smaller version is a development of that, perhaps for operations that
need something a bit quieter.

Power is always the big problem for autonomous robots. I wonder how miles
the big one gets to the gallon? ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

Fake in what way?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 12 April 2015 17:28:23 UTC+1, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

I hoped that they would turn and bite the blokes who kicked them!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

Fake in what way?

Tim

Did you look at that one second clip above?
What did you see?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

Fake in what way?

Tim

Did you look at that one second clip above?
What did you see?

Are you saying the branch it kicked up at the top of the hill was a fake?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.

True.

A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

If it is faked bit very skilfully faked.

Interesting watching it go up the stairs, that the feet
aren't put in the best places like an animal would do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mr
Fuxit scribeth thus
On Sunday, 12 April 2015 17:28:23 UTC+1, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

I hoped that they would turn and bite the blokes who kicked them!

Yes they forgot that bite response bit;!.

Perhaps the RSPCR needs inventing;?...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:52:49 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Mr
Fuxit scribeth thus
On Sunday, 12 April 2015 17:28:23 UTC+1, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

I hoped that they would turn and bite the blokes who kicked them!

Yes they forgot that bite response bit;!.

Perhaps the RSPCR needs inventing;?...

Needs a Susan Calvin to set it up.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

Fake in what way?

Tim

Did you look at that one second clip above?
What did you see?

Nothing remarkable.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

Yes it's fake, but probebly not in the way you think.
Look carefully at 0:59 - 1:00.
I would like to think that Boston Dynamics left that in deliberately
for credibility.

Fake in what way?

Tim

Did you look at that one second clip above?
What did you see?

Are you saying the branch it kicked up at the top of the hill was a fake?

Ah, you are right.
I looked at it several times and I thought it was a cable that had not
been "airbrushed" out of the picture.
Also, the last time I saw anything like this (in Japan IIRC) it was
still in development and did have a cable.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-04-12, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:21:42 +0100, harryagain wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

They're entirely genuine. Still somewhat crude, though. But gradual and
continuous improvements are being made. They should have something
truly special to show us in another 20 years from now.

There's something very creepy about those.

I suppose if you're not watched any of the regular documentaries that
have been shown over the past 2 or 3 decades by the BBC, their
'sheeplike' appearance does seem a little 'creepy'.

Talking of 'electric sheep' reminded me of the movie "Blade Runner" btw.

--
Johnny B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2015 01:34, Graham. wrote:

Are you saying the branch it kicked up at the top of the hill was a fake?

Ah, you are right.
I looked at it several times and I thought it was a cable that had not
been "airbrushed" out of the picture.
Also, the last time I saw anything like this (in Japan IIRC) it was
still in development and did have a cable.

They did run it from a power cable, but its fitted with an IC engine and
generator now IIRC.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/15 08:20, Dennis@home wrote:

They did run it from a power cable, but its fitted with an IC engine and
generator now IIRC.

I am reminded of this for some reason:

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/...facedgoats.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-04-12, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:21:42 +0100, harryagain wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...jvHYbZ9w?rel=0
Truely astonishing stuff.
A bit creepy in fact.
I can't actually decide if it's faked up or not.

They're entirely genuine. Still somewhat crude, though. But gradual and
continuous improvements are being made. They should have something
truly special to show us in another 20 years from now.

There's something very creepy about those.

I suppose if you're not watched any of the regular documentaries that
have been shown over the past 2 or 3 decades by the BBC, their
'sheeplike' appearance does seem a little 'creepy'.

A few more examples of Big Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUv_HaaOUfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNZPRsrwumQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTlBbM_KpU

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2015 01:34, Johnny B Good wrote:

snip

Talking of 'electric sheep' reminded me of the movie "Blade Runner" btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Andr...ctric_Sheep%3F

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:29:31 +0100, Syd Rumpo wrote:

On 13/04/2015 01:34, Johnny B Good wrote:

snip

Talking of 'electric sheep' reminded me of the movie "Blade Runner"
btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Andr...ctric_Sheep%3F

Cheers

I knew someone would get the reference. :-)

The novel gets an acknowledgement in the end credits for being the
inspiration of the movie.

--
Johnny B Good

Robots & Signals for Forex AutoTrading forexrobots UK diy 2 October 27th 13 12:22 PM
33 robots Liz Pendens Metalworking 2 April 26th 11 08:45 PM
robots mike hide Woodworking 21 April 17th 06 03:36 AM
FS: 1985 era Cinncinati Robots barry Metalworking 0 August 26th 05 10:14 PM
Japanese robots F.S. Home Ownership 0 April 13th 05 09:10 PM