Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 21:50:18 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 19:40:52 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:48:39 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

But I can't talk. I stick my fingers into mains sockets to see if
they're on. I guess we're of a different generation. Fearless!

Crazy.

A polish electrician I once knew (fully qualified in the UK - honest)
also used to do the same thing to check if a socket was live. It's a lot
better IMV than relying on a neon screwdriver. But I'm NOT suggesting
anyone else do it!

Various people used to stick their finger in live things, but its pretty stupid to gamble with your life when nowadays a meter costs £2.

I reckon it qualifies for a darwin award nomination.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:58:20 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

I reckon it qualifies for a darwin award nomination.

Yes, well, each to their own. YMMV.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Cursitor Doom
escribió:

I think I can see where you're coming from with your string of resistors,
but the role of the coat-hanger

Forms a probe to poke under the EHT cap

and poly

to insulate the chain of resistors and/or probe from the prober

I'm not a mind-
reader.

Evidently also somewhat lacking in lateral thinking.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Cursitor Doom
escribió:

Nope! Just getting a 400 error message here...

The link is broken over two lines. It's not exactly rocket science to
piece it together and paste it into a browser.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Cursitor Doom
escribió:

No kidding? But I can't talk. I stick my fingers into mains sockets to
see if they're on. I guess we're of a different generation. Fearless!

Stupid, more like.

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:30:08 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , Cursitor Doom
escribió:

Nope! Just getting a 400 error message here...

The link is broken over two lines. It's not exactly rocket science to
piece it together and paste it into a browser.

My apologies to CD. I'm using Pan which I'm now 'panning' on account it
unforgivingly line wrapped a web page address.

As you point out, it's not rocket science but all the same it is a
damned nuisance when a news client fails to suppress the line wrap on web
links.

Btw, Mike, what did you think of the meter? Just to give you an idea of
the meter's size, the box dimensions are 135mm wide by 160mm long and
54mm deep.

--
Johnny B Good