Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Endoscope cam woes

As reported last week, the endoscope failed after just 30 minutes use,
due to the fact that where the cable entering the USB plug, it had been
left un fixed, with no strain relief - simply hanging on its wires. A
fairly inflexible cable, just dangling on its soldered joints, which
with only a little use, came apart.

So I raised a dispute with the ebay seller and have a full refund and
keep the cam.

This being DIY, I'm keen to repair it and fix the obvious lack of any
strain relief, except its rather lacking in clues as to what colour
wire belongs where, I wonder if anyone else might have the same one and
could please take a peek inside? The USB plug is like a clip together
clam shell plastic case, with an edge on pot to set the LED brightness.
If yours is the same, its worth your opening it up anyway, to sort out
some strain relief for the cable, before it fails.

It is this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251657223573

There are a total of five wires - red, orange, green, black and brown.

With the case open, the cable exiting to the left, the USB plug to the
right, there is a vertical row of 4 terminals in use, with a fifth
offset slightly at the top and to the left. As below...

o Black
o Brown

The black and brown remain attached, so I just need to work out where
the red, orange and green belong. The shorter length of the red,
suggests it probably goes to the top off set terminal.

Help please!

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)