Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changed thing re ectractor fan

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 10:15:29 PM UTC, ss wrote:
I had a previous post re an extractor fan and the more I think about it
the more I am leaning towards a humidifier instead. It is mainly for
the wifes shower room but would also be useful when she hangs washing on
the clothes horse over winter, so portable would be best.
My question is how to power it (240v) as I would assume there are
restrictions in a shower room ie no sockets etc.
Is the answer to find the nearest socket and plug in after showering?
Apart from very basics I shy away from electrical work so looking for a
simple safe solution.

Maybe put an FCU in the bathroom

With a dh in there, a fan really adds no extra functionality.

NT