Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nominations invited . . . . .

On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 2:47:48 PM UTC, fred wrote:
For the most shagged element still in working condition category.

See:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/df6dfd387896290

Image shows a working twin MI element removed from my grill with split
in outer casing revealing the coiled element and insulation.

And yes, that is the scale ruler visible behind the element, through the
fully split casing.

Element was functional on removal (57 + 42 ohms) with 15Mohms to outer
at low voltage.

The other half of the twin was split too but not as impressively.

Can anyone beat that?

Immersions tend to be worse before they fail - at least when on a non-RCD feed. One I took out was heating by conducting through the water, the element had split severely, and 30-40% was missing entirely.

NT