Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default USB Endoscope viewing software

I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's
control panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny
view of what the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your
suggestions please, for some free viewing software?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's
control panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny
view of what the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your
suggestions please, for some free viewing software?

Mine came with specially-written software on a mini-disk. Is yours
still in the bottom of the jiffy-bag? I nearly threw away a raid card
driver for that reason only a few days ago. The software (which is best
described as 'functional') is called rscap 2.10 , and as I try it just
now, Google return a few downloads for this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Etaoin Shrdlu has brought this to us :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's
control panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny
view of what the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your
suggestions please, for some free viewing software?

Mine came with specially-written software on a mini-disk. Is yours still in
the bottom of the jiffy-bag? I nearly threw away a raid card driver for that
reason only a few days ago. The software (which is best described as
'functional') is called rscap 2.10 , and as I try it just now, Google return
a few downloads for this.

Its just a bare camera, with a coiled up lead, no software, no
instructions, but some sort of 90 mirror attachment and a lens cleaning
cloth.

Thanks, I'll take a look at rscap.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Its just a bare camera, with a coiled up lead, no software, no
instructions, but some sort of 90 mirror attachment and a lens cleaning
cloth.

If it shows up in control panel, then using VLC should be able to
capture and/or record from it too ... .e.g.

http://www.inteligentcomp.com/2013/0...using-vlc.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's
control panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny
view of what the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your
suggestions please, for some free viewing software?

Mine came with specially-written software on a mini-disk. Is yours
still in the bottom of the jiffy-bag? I nearly threw away a raid card
driver for that reason only a few days ago. The software (which is
best described as 'functional') is called rscap 2.10 , and as I try it
just now, Google return a few downloads for this.

Its just a bare camera, with a coiled up lead, no software, no
instructions, but some sort of 90 mirror attachment and a lens cleaning
cloth.

Thanks, I'll take a look at rscap.

Mirror attachment? Sounds like you got the deluxe version. Mine had
nothing but the disk, but it was enough to show me my piston crowns.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Etaoin Shrdlu was thinking very hard :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

The mirror is intended to allow it to look sideways, but it makes it
very blurred. Its as if it is steamed up. Might have a go at cleaning
it later.

None of the suggestions would produce an image at all, which seems odd,
what I did find which worked was a package called VimicroCam. Rather
heavyweight package at 5.3Mb, but at least you can fill the screen with
the image.

All I wanted to do, was inspect the hidden valley gutter between my
garage and workshop for obstructions. It over flowed when the snow
melted from the roofs recently.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The mirror is intended to allow it to look sideways, but it makes it
very blurred. Its as if it is steamed up. Might have a go at cleaning it
later.

None of the suggestions would produce an image at all, which seems odd,
what I did find which worked was a package called VimicroCam. Rather
heavyweight package at 5.3Mb, but at least you can fill the screen with
the image.

All I wanted to do, was inspect the hidden valley gutter between my
garage and workshop for obstructions. It over flowed when the snow
melted from the roofs recently.

Glad you found something which worked. Many of them seem to be
"webcams", mine will run on Ubuntu (but I usually use the supplied
software on windows machines). I've never had much joy with mirror
attachments.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

I was quite pleased when I discovered I could see how much crud was in
the gutters by sticking a webcam on a stick. Much easier than wrestling
the ladder out of the garage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield expressed precisely :
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's control
panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny view of what
the camera sees, but there has to be a better way. Your suggestions please,
for some free viewing software?

The camera worked, for a total of 30minutes only. It seems what I had
failed to notice was that the camera cable, where it entered the USB
plug, had not been fixed at all. Internally it was just hanging on its
connections. The first time it came under any strain, it failed. This
one....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-6-LED-U...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Up to that point it worked just as you would expect. If you have bought
one or were thinking to buy one, worth checking and maybe trying to fix
it before it rips the connections off.

Beyond that, I have not explored, because I have raised an issue with
the seller, via ebay. The seller is pleading poverty and offering a 50%
refund, to which I have made a counter offer of a full refund or
replacement be sent, along with an offer to return the faulty item if
he pays the postage.

I will delve deeper, once I know which way my claim against the seller
goes.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Harry Bloomfield, Hankus wrote:
Make sure you remove the poly sheet covering the mirror otherwise it will be
very poor.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...e-1023962-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article s.com,
says...

replying to Harry Bloomfield, Hankus wrote:
Make sure you remove the poly sheet covering the mirror otherwise it will be
very poor.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...e-1023962-.htm

Make sure you remove homeownershub from your browsing habits, otherwise
you will not have a $%^&*( clue what is actually going on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Andy Burns, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
Awesome answer!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1023962-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/18 18:14, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
replying to Andy Burns, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
Awesome answer!

Useless post!

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/18 18:14, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
replying to Andy Burns, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
Awesome answer!

Useless post!

and three years too late.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not very awsome reply though considering no quotes and using the most hated
usenet interface I came across.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Sci-Fi Si" m wrote in
message ...
replying to Andy Burns, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
Awesome answer!

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1023962-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sci-Fi Si wrote:
replying to Andy Burns, Sci-Fi Si wrote:
Awesome answer!

Oasis

http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html