Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sealing cement for shower tyle

Hello,

a tile in the shower has come off... it's in the lower corner, it was added recently to block a water leak from the shower. I need to re glue it with something that is white and water tight. I'm not sure if using the tile glue would be a good idea... or maybe some other kind of cement?

What should I look for?

thanks,

Giulio
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Giulio" wrote in message
Hello,

a tile in the shower has come off... it's in the lower corner, it was added
recently to block a water leak from the shower. I need to re glue it with
something that is white and water tight. I'm not sure if using the tile glue
would be a good idea... or maybe some other kind of cement?

What should I look for?

thanks,

Giulio

Mix some flour with water to create a paste. This works very well indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I ended up using a grout/glue product I found at the local store.

looks good so far. I hope it will last.

thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2015 19:39, Giulio wrote:
I ended up using a grout/glue product I found at the local store.

looks good so far. I hope it will last.

Depends what it is. Some are watertight, some aren't.

Flour/water of course won't.

Andy

Sealing shower tray TonyB UK diy 8 February 17th 13 12:26 AM
sealing a shower Bill Wright UK diy 13 February 14th 09 06:41 PM
Cement for shower pan Em Home Repair 7 December 21st 05 08:43 PM
Sealing Shower Grout jay hey Home Repair 4 November 27th 05 04:12 PM
Advice on Sealing the Joint Between Drywall and Cement Board? [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 3rd 05 06:41 PM