Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
AD AD is offline

Default Just purchases property, Neighbours Extracsion forbidding to addextention to my property.

Hi All,

Hope you can help me with my issue. Please read below:

My query and a request for advice relates to my neighbours extension where it is concerning me that the ventilation extraction is coming out on my side of the property forbidding us to carry out any work to our property.

At the moment I am in the process of building a small 2 meter extension to my kitchen (wall to wall as this property is a terraced house) which will be a little less than the length of my neighbours extension of 3.9 metres and our only being 2 metres, but the main issue is the chimney hood extraction has be placed on the wall joining our properties, therefore forbidding us to carry out any work at this stage.

My neigbours mentioned it would be our responsibility to finance the move of the vent proceeding into our joint wall. I've had to stop the work currently being done at my property and costing me money with my builders.

I tryed to call my council (Hillingdon) but they didnt really provide any useful information.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance.