Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill: result!

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

www.vulcantothesky.org - keep the last remaining Vulcan flying
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they are only
designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its not, but that
would be daft.
Brian

Email:

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in Co.
Tyrone.

www.vulcantothesky.org - keep the last remaining Vulcan flying

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 17:15:05 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they
are only designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its
not, but that would be daft.
Brian

Clearly it wasn't supplied with enough Guinness.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 17:15:05 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they are only
designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its not, but that
would be daft.
Brian

NO, no Brian! They're meant to be brought indoors in windy weather. The
bringer-inner was off sick and the wind wasn't light enough.
Bit kie the luminous sundials that fade in sunlight.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/01/2015 17:11, F wrote:
According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

It's lucky nobody was hurt as one of the blades was thrown "hundreds of
metres". The result of the investigation is keenly awaited by "the
company, hill walkers and farmers". I'll bet it is. There are "hundreds
of similar" turbines across Northern Ireland.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx in e-mail.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they are
only designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its not, but
that would be daft.
Brian

Probably icing. Brought down by weight of ice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Another Dave" wrote in message
On 03/01/2015 17:11, F wrote:
According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

It's lucky nobody was hurt as one of the blades was thrown "hundreds of
metres".

Or that it did not damage another windmill.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 10:59:33 +0000, harryagain wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they are
only designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its not,
but that would be daft.
Brian

Probably icing. Brought down by weight of ice.

That'll be the global warming then.

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

/Probably icing. Brought down by weight of ice. /q

Why not any of the others on the same farm ****ferbrains?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2015 19:43, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

Why? Perhaps windmills should have the same safety considerations as
nuclear installations?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/01/2015 19:43, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

Why? Perhaps windmills should have the same safety considerations as
nuclear installations?

Makes no sense when the worst that can happen is quite
trivial compared with the worst that can happen with a nuke.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/15 21:52, Fredxxx wrote:
On 08/01/2015 19:43, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

Why? Perhaps windmills should have the same safety considerations as
nuclear installations?

none would ever have been built

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Well, maybe it was dehydrated?

I'm sorely tempted to suggest Irish windmills do not count, as they
are only designed to stand up when its windy and fall over when its
not, but that would be daft.
Brian

Clearly it wasn't supplied with enough Guinness.

Or too much?

Possibly, yes. Unsteady and all that.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2015 19:43, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

They're a waste of space. Like you.

www.vulcantothesky.org - keep the last remaining Vulcan flying

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 January 2015 17:12:54 UTC, F wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

Somewhat off topic but this video was both entertaining and informative but I am easily led, some will find it irritating:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/thorium-energy-solution/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:55:16 -0800, Weatherlawyer wrote:

Somewhat off topic but this video was both entertaining and informative
but I am easily led, some will find it irritating:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/thorium-energy-solution/

"Easily led"? Gullible, more like...

http://thebulletin.org/thorium-wonder-fuel-wasnt7156

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 January 2015 22:59:47 UTC, Fatarse wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:55:16 -0800, Weatherlawyer wrote:

Somewhat off topic but this video was both entertaining and informative
but I am easily led, some will find it irritating:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/thorium-energy-solution/

"Easily led"? Gullible, more like...

http://thebulletin.org/thorium-wonder-fuel-wasnt7156

Hit a nerve, did it?
You have remarkable acuity, having watched the show in the 4 minutes since my giving you the link to the time you took to send this. Or did you sit on the cat in your rush to watch You Tube and wanted to vent your spleen in revenge?

No more pussy for you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 8 January 2015 22:13:37 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 08/01/2015 19:43, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:11:42 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

According to the BBC, a 60M windmill has collapsed in 'light winds' in
Co. Tyrone.

What a sad and bitter little man you are.
Arsehole to the sky.

Why? Perhaps windmills should have the same safety considerations as
nuclear installations?

Makes no sense when the worst that can happen is quite
trivial compared with the worst that can happen with a nuke.

What's the death toll so far?

It will have to go a long way just to catch up with the numerous coalminers killed at work since the first nuclear pile went critical. It must be in the dozens by now though.

I admit the numbers began to fall following the urgency of WW2. Numbers of coalminers killed on the coal face in WW 2 must have been unusually high too.

Let's not count the first people to monkey around with things. Must be at least 10 or so? A google search included Russian stats (which as you supposed were horrific as expected from Russia.)

Windscale fire 33+ (be a big plus if the British government's statistics are anything to go by.) Most of the rest were due to low morals in Oakridge and radiotherapy misconduct cases nothing to do with the nuclear fuel industry.

All large companies are capable of employing criminals to get things done. They always have been but by and large the use of nuclear furnaces initially designed as part of a war weapons suite hasn't such a terrible record as the oil and coal industries had and have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_death_t oll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

**** all if any.

It will have to go a long way just to catch up with the numerous
coalminers killed at work since the first nuclear pile went critical.

True.

It must be in the dozens by now though.

Specially if you include all those who die of lung disease etc.

I admit the numbers began to fall following the urgency of WW2.
Numbers of coalminers killed on the coal face in WW 2 must have
been unusually high too.

Never seen any numbers on that. It would be interesting to see them.

Let's not count the first people to monkey around with things.
Must be at least 10 or so? A google search included Russian stats
(which as you supposed were horrific as expected from Russia.)

Windscale fire 33+ (be a big plus if the British government's statistics
are
anything to go by.) Most of the rest were due to low morals in Oakridge
and
radiotherapy misconduct cases nothing to do with the nuclear fuel
industry.

All large companies are capable of employing criminals to get things done.

Doesn't happen all that much in the nuclear industry.

They always have been but by and large the use of nuclear
furnaces initially designed as part of a war weapons suite hasn't
such a terrible record as the oil and coal industries had and have.

Sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_death_t oll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
[...]

I believe that if there is the much vaunted (whatever that means) Openness (whatever that means) in industry we will gradually learn to trust such people again. Until then, even safe occupations are infested with the Harold Shipmans and Jimmy Savilles of this world and we shouldn't trust anyone, especially not the Jeremy Paxmans.

I threw in that last name as it occurred to me which politician I would trust with oversight of the Nuclear Fuel industry. And subsequently, which journalist I wouldn't. Actually there are no journalists I would trust with anything. Bit of a red herring, that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
[...]

I doubt it, essentially because modern business is so competitive.

Until then, even safe occupations are infested with
the Harold Shipmans and Jimmy Savilles of this world

And what Roman Catholic priests have
been getting up to for centurys now.

Hard to claim that the world is actually
'infested' with Harold Shipmans tho.

and we shouldn't trust anyone,
especially not the Jeremy Paxmans.

It would be interesting to know what Liz and Phil
and big ears have got up to given what we now
know that Tony Blair and his wife have got up to.

I threw in that last name as it occurred to me which politician
I would trust with oversight of the Nuclear Fuel industry. And
subsequently, which journalist I wouldn't. Actually there are no
journalists I would trust with anything. Bit of a red herring, that.

True.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 January 2015 15:38:30 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message

Until then, even safe occupations are infested with
the Harold Shipmans and Jimmy Savilles of this world

And what Roman Catholic priests have
been getting up to for centuries now.

Hard to claim that the world is actually
'infested' with Harold Shipmans though.

This part of the thread turned into a ****fest PDQ.

The point about Harold Shipman is that we don't know what such people are getting away with. There is no proof that more than half of the countries GPs are no better.

The classic advice is be careful and trust nobody. Listen to advice by all means but don't let anyone give you injections without informing a close friend what might be going on.

Not that I would expect to come out on a trolley any time I go to see a doctor. But it was happening once in one practice and nobody noticed for years. Even Fred West didn't have such a clear run as Harold Shipman.

As for any secret society, beware everyone that has a modicum of secrecy in their job description. Mark 4:22:
New International Version
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Weatherlawyer wrote

Until then, even safe occupations are infested with
the Harold Shipmans and Jimmy Savilles of this world

And what Roman Catholic priests have
been getting up to for centuries now.

Hard to claim that the world is actually
'infested' with Harold Shipmans though.

This part of the thread turned into a ****fest PDQ.

The point about Harold Shipman is that we don't
know what such people are getting away with.

Dunno, I doubt that there are many like that. Or
that many who operate like that don't get noticed.

There is no proof that more than half
of the countries GPs are no better.

There is actually, its trivial to see how many
get anything like that death rate in their lists.

The classic advice is be careful and trust nobody.
Listen to advice by all means but don't let anyone
give you injections without informing a close
friend what might be going on.

Dunno, with the current fad of flu vaccinations, can't
see that that is very feasible, or that there can be many
using say flu injections to dispose of the wealthier
patients without someone wondering what the
problem with the latest flu jabs is fatality wise.

There does appear to be a significant level of
voluntary euthanasia with the GP happy to do
it even when its illegal, particularly with those
who have a terminal illness like HIV/AIDS etc
and certainly it wouldn't be that hard to kill
lots of those deliberately if you were a GP
with silly ideas like that but I can't see it being
viable in too many other areas of medicine.

Not that I would expect to come out on a trolley
any time I go to see a doctor. But it was happening
once in one practice and nobody noticed for years. Even
Fred West didn't have such a clear run as Harold Shipman.

And that's the main reason I just don't believe that anything
like half the current GPs are actually Harold Shipmans.

I bet someone had a close look at the stats
after Harold Shipman was convinced.

As for any secret society, beware everyone that
has a modicum of secrecy in their job description.

I actually know one of those very well.

Mark 4:22: New International Version
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever
is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.

I don't buy anything from that collection of fairy
storys except that one rather swarthy fella was
stupid enough to get nailed up by the romans.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 January 2015 20:31:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

And that's the main reason I just don't believe that anything
like half the current GPs are actually Harold Shipmans.

You bloody fool. I never said they were.

Mark 4:22: New International Version
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever
is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.

I don't buy anything from that collection of fairy
storys except that one rather swarthy fella was
stupid enough to get nailed up by the romans.

Idiot. The man was a brilliant teacher. You have a problem with hyperbole and distinguishing what people are telling you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Weatherlawyer wrote
Rod Speed wrote

And that's the main reason I just don't believe that anything
like half the current GPs are actually Harold Shipmans.

You bloody fool. I never said they were.

Never said you did. You did however say

The point about Harold Shipman is that we don't
know what such people are getting away with.

There is no proof that more than half
of the countries GPs are no better.

And then carefully deleted that from the quoting.

Mark 4:22: New International Version
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever
is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.

I don't buy anything from that collection of fairy
storys except that one rather swarthy fella was
stupid enough to get nailed up by the romans.

Idiot.

We'll see...

The man was a brilliant teacher.

Like hell he was. He 'taught' **** all anything.

You have a problem with hyperbole

You wouldn't know what hyperbole
was if it bit you on your lard arse.

and distinguishing what people are telling you.

And can't even manage the most basic english either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:59:39 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:55:16 -0800, Weatherlawyer wrote:

Somewhat off topic but this video was both entertaining and informative
but I am easily led, some will find it irritating:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/thorium-energy-solution/

"Easily led"? Gullible, more like...

http://thebulletin.org/thorium-wonder-fuel-wasnt7156

A wikipedia search on Robert Alvarez reveals this interesting fact:

Robert Alvarez is an American animator, television director, and
writer.

Obviously(?) not the same Robert Alvarez who wrote that piece on
Thorium nuclear fuel.

Surprised that Robert Alvarez, the author of the debunking of Thorium
as a nuclear energy option, I then googled his name and came across
the following tidbit:

Alvarez attended college and majored in musical studies, but he did
not graduate. (Note: The preceding sentence was changed on June 20,
2011 from the original statement that Alvarez held a PhD in musical
studies. The change was based on information received from two people
who worked with Alvarez while he was at DOE. He apparently joked about
his failure to complete his studies – he told one of them that that
his failure to graduate does not mean that he cannot carry a tune.) He
served in a politically appointed role at the Department of Energy –
at the same time that he was married to a professional antinuclear
activist who was proud of her role in helping to organize “No Nukes”
concerts. He was FIRED from his job when his daughter turned him and
his antinuclear activist wife in for growing commercial quantities of
marijuana in their home in Takoma Park WHILE he was serving in a high
level government job, presumably with a sworn duty to uphold the laws
of the land. That does not say much for his personal accountability or
his personal integrity. It certainly demonstrates that he cannot be
trusted – we are not talking here about youthful indiscretions, but
about purposeful actions of a presumably mature adult.

That came from an article he

http://atomicinsights.com/why-does-anyone-trust-robert-alvarezs-opinions-about-nuclear-energy/

I leave it to the reader to decide who is 'gullible'.

--
J B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 23:56:12 +0000, Johny B Good
wrote:

====snip====

A wikipedia search on Robert Alvarez reveals this interesting fact:

Robert Alvarez is an American animator, television director, and
writer.

Obviously(?) not the same Robert Alvarez who wrote that piece on
Thorium nuclear fuel.

Surprised that Robert Alvarez, the author of the debunking of Thorium
as a nuclear energy option, I then googled his name and came across
the following tidbit:

Damn! What I meant to write was:-

"Surprised that Robert Alvarez, the author of the debunking of
Thorium as a nuclear energy option, didn't have an entry in wikipedia,
I then googled his name and came across the following tidbit:"

You'd have thought that a "Worthy Expert" on such critical matters as
nuclear energy policy would have had a wikipedia entry, especially as
a personage of lesser importance who just happened to have the same
name _did_ get an entry.
--
J B Good

WINDMILL J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 04:33 AM
Windmill Part II?? EricP UK diy 41 January 3rd 07 11:28 AM
Windmill restoration Ted UK diy 6 December 12th 06 08:34 AM
Windmill types? Roger_Nickel Metalworking 23 March 15th 06 03:00 AM
Windmill types? Gunner Metalworking 0 March 13th 06 10:02 AM