Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O-rings

Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had, where
would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and thickness?
--
Jim S
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had, where
would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and thickness?

Ebay
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 21:41:16 +0000, Jim S wrote:

Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had,
where would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and
thickness?

Lidaldi when they have their kits of metric or imperial O rings in
stock.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Jim S wrote:
Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had,
where
would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and thickness?

Ebay

Of course ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had,
where
would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and thickness?

Ebay

Of course ... :-)

If you just want one or two, I've had Plumb Center trade counter
just give them to me.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2014 22:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 21:41:16 +0000, Jim S wrote:

Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had,
where would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and
thickness?

Lidaldi when they have their kits of metric or imperial O rings in
stock.

Also ebay, TS, SF? But these sets often only have one chord diameter, so
that while you can find the right "OD", sometimes the ring itself isn't
quite thick enough.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2014 21:41, Jim S wrote:
Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had, where
would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and thickness?

Google!

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:37:23 +0000, newshound wrote:

But these sets often only have one chord diameter, so that while you can
find the right "OD", sometimes the ring itself isn't quite thick enough.

The lidaldi "Workzone" sets have 1.8, 2.65 and 3.55 mm and 1/16, 3/32
ans 1/8" cord diameters. So that's a choice of six cords across both
sets, the actual ring diameter is probably less critical.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2014 21:16, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:37:23 +0000, newshound wrote:

But these sets often only have one chord diameter, so that while you can
find the right "OD", sometimes the ring itself isn't quite thick enough.

The lidaldi "Workzone" sets have 1.8, 2.65 and 3.55 mm and 1/16, 3/32
ans 1/8" cord diameters. So that's a choice of six cords across both
sets, the actual ring diameter is probably less critical.

Ah, right; I must look out for them, very useful to know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim S wrote:
Having, hopefully, fixed my shower unit using O-rings I already had,
where would I have had to go to get an O-ring of a specific size and
thickness?

Google O ring supplier. There are several who stock a vast range.

However, if it's like my Aqualisa, new O rings didn't fix the dripping. ;-)
Had to buy a new cartridge at considerable cost.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Design Q: O-rings as wipers? Fuzzy O-rings? Existential Angst[_2_] Metalworking 18 March 25th 13 09:20 PM
Where can you buy 'O' rings? km UK diy 0 May 30th 12 03:26 PM
Where can I get 1.5mm O-Rings? [email protected] UK diy 7 October 11th 07 07:51 PM
Three Rings [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 9th 07 10:43 AM
360 rings Steve B Metalworking 8 April 20th 06 04:06 AM