Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot water but no central heating

Hi all im Tony and are new to this site
I hope some one can help me with this problem if I turn my programmer to
hot water boiler will fire up diverted will open and i get hot water
however if i ask for C/H and no hot water boiler no longer fires up this
been my problem
any advise would be welcome

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2014 00:44, TONY wrote:
Hi all im Tony and are new to this site
I hope some one can help me with this problem if I turn my programmer to
hot water boiler will fire up diverted will open and i get hot water
however if i ask for C/H and no hot water boiler no longer fires up this
been my problem
any advise would be welcome

Room thermostat set too low?
Wireless room thermostat battery failing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2014 00:44, TONY wrote:
Hi all im Tony and are new to this site
I hope some one can help me with this problem if I turn my programmer to
hot water boiler will fire up diverted will open and i get hot water
however if i ask for C/H and no hot water boiler no longer fires up this
been my problem
any advise would be welcome

What kind of boiler is it? conventional heating boiler with separate hot
water cylinder, or a combination boiler that uses no tank and heats
water on demand?

Based on what you have said so far, it could be the room stat not
working, or perhaps a valve not moving correctly.

You can read about the various ways in which these things can be
configured he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...s_and_Zonin g

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to alan_m , TONY wrote:
junk wrote:

Room thermostat set too low?
Wireless room thermostat battery failing?
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

Hi There
thanks for the response I have checked room stat and turned it up to full,
boiler still not firing up ???
I think the problem might be the programmer not communicating to the
boiler
or a fault in the micro switch in the boiler will check it out tomorrow
thanks Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to John Rumm , TONY wrote:
see.my.signature wrote:

What kind of boiler is it? conventional heating boiler with separate hot
water cylinder, or a combination boiler that uses no tank and heats
water on demand?
Based on what you have said so far, it could be the room stat not
working, or perhaps a valve not moving correctly.
You can read about the various ways in which these things can be
configured he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...s_and_Zonin g
--
Cheers,
John.
/================================================== ===============
================================================== ===============/

Hi John
Thanks for the reply the boiler is a glow-worm flexicom system boiler
its on a S plan
i have checked the valves and they seem to be working ok and so dose the
pump
room stat seems to trip in and out ok
im thinking i have a problem with the programmer because when i have it on
hot water demand it works fine boiler fires up and pipes in the airing
cupboard get hot
when I put the demand onto central heating light on the programmer come on
but no response at the boiler
when i make a demand for hot water and central heating ,boiler fires up
both motorised valves move and all pipes in the airing cupboard get hot
what do you think
thanks Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2014 23:44, TONY wrote:

================================================== ===============/

Hi John
Thanks for the reply the boiler is a glow-worm flexicom system boiler
its on a S plan
i have checked the valves and they seem to be working ok and so dose the
pump
room stat seems to trip in and out ok
im thinking i have a problem with the programmer because when i have it on
hot water demand it works fine boiler fires up and pipes in the airing
cupboard get hot
when I put the demand onto central heating light on the programmer come on
but no response at the boiler
when i make a demand for hot water and central heating ,boiler fires up
both motorised valves move and all pipes in the airing cupboard get hot
what do you think thanks Tony

sounds more like the micro switch in the ch motorised valve at fault.
Find a wiring diagram for the valve and a multimeter,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2014 00:44, Bob wrote:
On 23/12/2014 23:44, TONY wrote:

================================================== ===============/

[...]

Agreed. Either the micro-switch has failed, or the valve is opening -
but not far enough to operate the micro-switch.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TONY posted
replying to Bob , TONY wrote:
bob wrote:

sounds more like the micro switch in the ch motorised valve at fault.
Find a wiring diagram for the valve and a multimeter,

Hi Bob
yes your right i found that the micro switch on the ch valve was at fault
ive changed it over and all is working well now.

How do you mean, changed it over - swapped in a new one? How did you do
that? It looks easier said than done on a Honeywell 3-way motorised
valve.

--
Les