Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has the internet slowed down ?

Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Loads of sites extremely slow today.

I'd have expected someone who sells stuff online to know about
cyber-monday ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O/T Has the internet slowed down ?

On 01/12/2014 19:57, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

update: my normally 20+ Mbps downstream is speed-testing at 0.75Mbps
Oh, and apologies for not prefixing as O/T on the OP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2014 20:07, Andy Burns wrote:

I'd have expected someone who sells stuff online to know about
cyber-monday ...

Indeed but I didn't know whether it's Zen that's super bad or whether
every ISP is suffering to the same degree.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , www.GymRatZ.co.uk
writes
Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

Probably due to the gullible dimwits who have fallen for all the "cyber
monday" nonsense.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 19:57:27 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

Can't say I've noticed anything untoward. A few people doing a bit fo
shopping isn't likely to affect the 'net, individual servers/sites
maybe but not the 'net.

It did struggle a bit for some sporting event that occured during the
working day so everyone "at work" was streaming it instead of
watching a broadcast. Streaming video gobbles up bandwidth like
nobodies business...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 01/12/2014 19:57, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

update: my normally 20+ Mbps downstream is speed-testing at 0.75Mbps
Oh, and apologies for not prefixing as O/T on the OP.

My Zen ADSL 2 service measures 18.12 Mb/s at Broadband Speed Checker.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 19:57:27 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Loads of sites extremely slow today.
Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is
crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

Lots of DNS problems here today, but speed's been OK when URLs do finally
resolve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Self fulfilling prophesies abound about Cyber Monday being like the start of
the sales on internet sites.
It makes everyone get on to get the bargains. Think shopping channel hype
only for every site on the internet.
People are so easily led. Sad really.
Brian

--