Posted to uk.d-i-y
kev kev is offline

Default OT IP Camera?

Ive just fitted a outdoor ip camera outside today. Its a Ycam bullet
(2nd gen). I seem to be getting very poor results from the LEDs in
darkness as below.

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Any thoughts?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

kev wrote:

I seem to be getting very poor results from the LEDs in
darkness as below.

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down there?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

kev wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down there?

neither

There's definitely something (perhaps only visible to IR) swirling about
in the air (dust, insects, smoke? difficult to say) and the amount of
detail in that is overwhelming the video encoding, making the centre of
the image so blocky ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

kev wrote:

I seem to be getting very poor results from the LEDs in
darkness as below.

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down
there?

neither

Its appallingly poor quality.
Did you get it from somewhere that sells fakes as they are supposed to
be quite good.
It does look like its persisting it down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
kev kev is offline

On 15/11/2014 20:16, Dennis@home wrote:
On 15/11/2014 20:06, kev wrote:

y.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down
there?

neither

Its appallingly poor quality.
Did you get it from somewhere that sells fakes as they are supposed to
be quite good.
It does look like its persisting it down.

broadband buyer should be the real deal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

kev wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

kev wrote:

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down there?

neither

I was going to have a look at the daylight quality of it, but you've
(sensibly) password protected it. Is it the 1080 or 720 version?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2014 20:06, kev wrote:

y.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down
there?

neither

Its appallingly poor quality.
Did you get it from somewhere that sells fakes as they are supposed to
be quite good.
It does look like its persisting it down.

broadband buyer should be the real deal

I have 2 of those cameras , y-cam bullet, which I bought about 3 years
ago now. I bought mine from Amazon, and the supplier was Atkinsons.

The daytime pics and video are pretty good, but night time pics are a
bit blurred/unclear. They do show up anyone who is within the vision
field, but facial pictures are not good at all at night time.

I also have 2 of the Merit Lilin LR7022E4 108P HD Bullet IP cameras,
which do give better night time pics.

The Merit Lilin cameras were cheaper than the Y-cam bullet cameras even
after 2/3 years time difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/14 08:48, Andy Burns wrote:
kev wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

kev wrote:

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down
there?

neither

I was going to have a look at the daylight quality of it, but you've
(sensibly) password protected it.

OT but FWIW there's an interesting[*] "Internet of Things" search engine
out there ...

http://www.shodan.io/

* - interesting for values of "oh my, I better change my password from
the manufacturer's defaults damm pronto...."

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
kev wrote:

I seem to be getting very poor results from the LEDs in
darkness as below.

rtsp://nobby.dtdns.net:8152/live/0/h264.sdp

Is it within the plume of a condensing boiler, or just ****ing down there?

I'm not able to view your images, but, a common problem with built in IR
illumination is that any mist close to the camera is very noticeable.
Last night some of mine looked very bad. But those that remote
illuminators were fine. With the naked eye, when I look when I'm
outside, it is sometimes hardly possible to see what the camera is
reacting to. The water droplets appear to reflect back and amplify the
light very well :-(

--
Bill