Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earthing in kitchen

I have just removed a cupboard in my kitchen. I found a thickish
earth cable just coming out of the plaster but not connected to
anything. I am guessing that it was intended to be some sort of
bonding to the cold water supply which enters near by - but the cable
is just not quite long enough to be connected to the copper water
pipe. There is a junction box near by, which appears to be part of
the ring main - it has a spur going off to a power socket above the
work surface.
Should I extend the earth cable and connect it to the incoming water
supply; should I also connect it to the earth on the ring main, or do
something else, or do nothing.

Earthing Toom Tabard[_2_] UK diy 18 August 28th 10 05:52 PM
earthing new kitchen Staffbull UK diy 19 September 17th 06 08:33 PM
Earthing Again [email protected] UK diy 1 January 19th 06 11:38 PM
Earthing a kitchen sink - what size cable? Bert Coules UK diy 57 May 17th 05 09:48 PM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 17 December 8th 03 10:57 PM