Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you buy paraffin at a reasonable price?

wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 19:22:47 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:
I was thinking about getting a tilley lamp to use in the garden. A bit

nostalgic I guess, as I used to have one back in the 70s.

You used to be able to get paraffin easily and cheaply (esso blue or

the pink stuff). But now it seems quite rare. B&Q sell it, but they

charge crazy prices for it: about seven pounds for four litres - more

than derv!

Is it possible to get paraffin in the UK for a reasonable price? I'm

guessing that it should be something like 50 or 60p per litre as there

would be no duty on it.

We use paraffin from a local hardware shop for one of these heaters..
http://witlessspammer.co.uk/shop/par...ig-red-heater/

No spam please.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:55:33 +0000 (UTC), Tim+

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 19:22:47 UTC+1, Caecilius wrote:
I was thinking about getting a tilley lamp to use in the garden. A bit

nostalgic I guess, as I used to have one back in the 70s.

You used to be able to get paraffin easily and cheaply (esso blue or

the pink stuff). But now it seems quite rare. B&Q sell it, but they

charge crazy prices for it: about seven pounds for four litres - more

than derv!

Is it possible to get paraffin in the UK for a reasonable price? I'm

guessing that it should be something like 50 or 60p per litre as there

would be no duty on it.

We use paraffin from a local hardware shop for one of these heaters..
http://witlessspammer.co.uk/shop/par...ig-red-heater/

No spam please.

Tim

He's posting from Wales and the company is in Norfolk. That doesn't
rule out spam of course.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
[...]

He's added nothing to the thread other than a link to his chilli farm. Did
the same in another thread.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

wrote:

We use paraffin from a local hardware shop for one of these heaters..
http://witlessspammer.co.uk/

No spam please.

He's posting from Wales and the company is in Norfolk. That doesn't
rule out spam of course.

This seems to rule *in* spam

http://ajwebdesigns.co.uk/directory/...k-chilli-farm/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Graham. wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

wrote:

We use paraffin from a local hardware shop for one of these heaters..
http://witlessspammer.co.uk/

No spam please.

He's posting from Wales and the company is in Norfolk. That doesn't
rule out spam of course.

This seems to rule *in* spam

http://witlessspammer.co.uk/director...k-chilli-farm/

What's the point in me munging his spam address if you go and repost it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

This seems to rule *in* spam

http://ajwebdesigns.co.uk/directory/...mmy-spam-farm/

What's the point in me munging his spam address if you go and repost it?

Because the domain being spammed is the chilli farm one (which I did
leave munged) not the web designer/SEO company.

When I point out someone as being a spammer, I do it in the hope that
someday, someone searching for the idiot will find out he's a spammer
and avoid doing business with them ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
Tim+ wrote:

This seems to rule *in* spam

http://ajwebdesigns.co.uk/directory/...mmy-spam-farm/

What's the point in me munging his spam address if you go and repost it?

Because the domain being spammed is the chilli farm one (which I did
leave munged) not the web designer/SEO company.

When I point out someone as being a spammer, I do it in the hope that
someday, someone searching for the idiot will find out he's a spammer
and avoid doing business with them ...

Probably not worth using ajweb... for your website either, with a bottom
of page like that:
Footer Text 1
Footer Text 1 content area
etc.
--
Nick (=----)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Iv just been setting up 2 Aladdin Blue Flame Heaters 1 is like new the other just needs a good clean and service iv found a Place on the out skirts of Edinburgh selling Paraffin (ie) Kerosene for 0.65 a Litre B&q want £6.97 for 4ltr so I'm sure iv bought the cheapest around and a ready supply