Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler fixed once more (MAN Micromat Boiler)

Another boiler repair bites the dust...

A few weeks back I had the boiler tripping the RCD due to a pipe leak
dribbling over mains connector. Easy enough fix.

Yesterday it was an "ignition fault" Symptoms were ignition causing
case back pressure wave that extinguished flame.

Bit of a pig to get spares for if you don't know where to look as the
original suppliers went bust in 2006 I believe.. It was made by MAN in
Germany and goes under the name of Micromat EC32 but the following
documents give everything needed in case anyone else is looking for
spares or fault finding/set-up details

http://www.mhgheating.co.uk/wp-conte...ams-010112.pdf

(MHG Heating have all the spares)

http://www.rvr.ie/datastore/catalog/...n%20Inst. pdf

This has full commissioning and fault codes (and fixes) although the
blocked syphon fix on the above doesn't have the essential information I
have in my booklet which tells you to remove the combustion chamber and
pour water into the (condensate) heat exchanger to clear the condensate
syphon if it remains blocked (which mine was) Oh and that you'll need
to replace the o-rings sealing the combustion chamber to the back plate
because they'll be rock hard... which mine were though the friendly
plumbers merchant had some that did the job just fine.

So far it's had one pump (replaced December 2010) and 2 x diverter valve
thingies and no servicing nor call-outs charges. (not much point when
all you get is "never heard of that make mate - best replace it with a
Greenstar" from plumbers and merchants alike)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Fourgon wrote:
Mine has ignition fault , service engineer "never heard of that make its got
to be the gas valve" so it might be the syphon , and thats cleaned by sending
clean water down the internal flue pipe ! Wish I'd read you post before it got
dark!

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...er-997989-.htm