Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shed floor - 11 or 18mm OSB3

I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:21:16 PM UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:

I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.
OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.
So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?
The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

ISTR 11mm not being any cheaper in OSB3. 11 should be fine though if you've already got support in place.

I dont know anything about this shed, but with most sheds insulating the floor makes temp swings worse.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/09/2014 23:21, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

Instinctively 18mm. 11 may well be fine, but 18mm will be that much more
sturdy and reassuring.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/09/2014 23:21, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

Looking at Wickes prices 18mm is about £4 a sheet more than 11mm.

Is it worth mucking about to save very little?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, September 29, 2014 8:24:34 AM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 28/09/2014 23:21, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

Looking at Wickes prices 18mm is about £4 a sheet more than 11mm.
Is it worth mucking about to save very little?

18mm would be fine with no floor under it, just bearers. This shed has a fully supported floor already. I don't think there'd be any mucking about involved. Spend the few quid on something where it makes a difference.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, September 29, 2014 8:24:34 AM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 28/09/2014 23:21, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

Looking at Wickes prices 18mm is about £4 a sheet more than 11mm.
Is it worth mucking about to save very little?

Look online to get them cheaper - I cant remember who it was, but they were much less than the usual BMs, with 11&18mm coming in at more or less the same price.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/09/2014 23:21, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or
spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high
point loads like machinery...

shuttering ply.

Big Shed floor, Big Loads too Dave H.[_2_] UK diy 3 February 5th 10 09:47 AM
Membrane for shed floor? Broadback UK diy 7 November 29th 07 08:28 AM
Shed Floor? Toller Home Repair 9 May 13th 07 04:27 PM
6mm thick tiles on a shed floor? Arthur UK diy 0 February 21st 07 10:53 PM
18mm or 22mm chipboard floor? inNeedofHelp UK diy 10 March 11th 05 02:39 PM