Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pruning

In a moment of good luck, I purchased these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Elec...tric+secateurs

for her to use. She finds them a bit heavy, but they have performed
excellently for the last week. The blade is very sharp. The recharge
time seems very fast. As I hate gardening, it was a good investment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
I use ratchet ones, no charging.
Brian

They're too big and heavy for her.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:

In a moment of good luck, I purchased these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Elec...tric+secateurs

for her to use. She finds them a bit heavy, but they have performed
excellently for the last week. The blade is very sharp. The recharge
time seems very fast. As I hate gardening, it was a good investment.

That looks like the sort of device you use with the other hand
behind your back.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:32:01 +0100,
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
I use ratchet ones, no charging.
Brian

They're too big and heavy for her.

Really?! I find it hard to believe that something like these:
http://tinyurl.com/nmrpcpk should be heavier than a motorised job with
batteries.

She would never get enough grip power to operate them. Anvil secateurs
are harder to use than bypass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2014 17:03, Capitol wrote:
In a moment of good luck, I purchased these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Elec...tric+secateurs

for her to use. She finds them a bit heavy, but they have performed
excellently for the last week. The blade is very sharp. The recharge
time seems very fast. As I hate gardening, it was a good investment.

Got my elderly mother some Bosch battery secateurs. Don't think she ever
used them but I was quite impressed once I got the rhythm of using them.
They do, however, tend to be a bit larger in the hand than I would wish.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2014 20:48, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:32:01 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
I use ratchet ones, no charging.
Brian

They're too big and heavy for her.

Really?! I find it hard to believe that something like these:
http://tinyurl.com/nmrpcpk should be heavier than a motorised job with
batteries.

I bought some of those in the asda sale a couple of months ago (£6).
They do cut 20 mm branches but they require more effort than long
handled loppers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 22/09/2014 17:03, Capitol wrote:
In a moment of good luck, I purchased these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Elec...tric+secateurs

for her to use. She finds them a bit heavy, but they have performed
excellently for the last week. The blade is very sharp. The recharge
time seems very fast. As I hate gardening, it was a good investment.

Got my elderly mother some Bosch battery secateurs. Don't think she ever
used them but I was quite impressed once I got the rhythm of using them.
They do, however, tend to be a bit larger in the hand than I would wish.

My MIL had arthritis in her hands so i bought her one like that, she was
very pleased how easy it was to use

but she managed to cut the top off her little finger with it ;(

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/09/2014 12:35, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 22:35:22 +0100, Capitol
wrote:
Anvil secateurs are harder to use than bypass.

Never come across that said before. I prefer anvil secateurs, because
IMO you get a cleaner cut, especially if the pivot-bolt is worn and
the blades tend to separate very slightly as they close. But ratchet
types are much easier on arthritic hands than ordinary versions of
either. I speak from experience.... :-(

It depends what you use them for. By-pass secateurs can get into smaller
spaces and are good for cutting back soft side-shoots, or near buds.
Anvil secateurs are better for hard, woody stems.

--
Colin Bignell

Tools for tree pruning Nospam UK diy 32 July 18th 12 01:40 PM
Tree Pruning Tips ezycash Home Ownership 0 March 27th 09 04:18 AM
Pruning SteveB Metalworking 3 June 9th 08 04:35 AM
Tree pruning 4square UK diy 72 April 28th 08 08:43 PM
Tree Pruning John UK diy 7 July 29th 06 11:35 AM