Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tony

Default House purchase & existing damp proof course

Hello all,

Could anyone offer the advice on the following,
I'll keep it as brief as possible!

I'm in the process of a house purchase.
Survey recommends a damp-proof course.
Independant company (registered with Federation of Master Builders) comes in
to quote and says that 2 walls require damp-proofing.

A few days later my solicitors send me the vendors completed "Sellers
property information form" & "Fixtures, Fittings & Contents form".

Attached to these is a photocopied 30-year guarantee (from 1982) for a
complete damp-proof course (by another company - also registered with Fed.
Master Builders).
By my poor maths standards, this leaves about 9 years still to run on this
guarantee before it expires.

Should this company honour this guarantee or I am in for some "grief"?!!

Any advise welcome before I give my solicitors a quick call!,

Cheers in advance,

Tony.

---

Damp At Back Of House - Expensive to Fix?? MrHappyChap UK diy 15 November 3rd 03 12:34 PM
Victorian damp and chemical DPC failure Andrew Collins UK diy 14 October 31st 03 05:21 PM
More damp testing woes Kooky45 UK diy 22 October 21st 03 11:33 AM
Rising damp on party wall in semi-det Victorian house Richard UK diy 4 October 6th 03 02:09 PM
How close to my house may I safely plant a Leylandii hedge ? Frank Watson UK diy 14 August 19th 03 11:12 PM