Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPSs and charging of their batteries

Afternoon all,

I'm sure I read it here but ...

There was mention of reducing the charge voltage of an APC UPS to help
reduce the stress on the batteries - however I can't find the thread
(sure it was here - I think ...)

Anyway, I have several APC UPSs in need of new batteries and on looking I
see only one trim-pot on the pcb - is it likely that this is _the_ one to
adjust the charge voltage?

I seem to remember someone saying they had done this and I was wondering
if they would be so kind as to tell how.

A google search for schematics or service manuals draws a blank (well
nothing useful anyway)

Avpx

--
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would
be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed.