Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains supply weatherproof external metered

Hi,

Not quite DIY but I expect someone here has had to do this and will be able to offer a ball park price for the installation of a fixed external weatherproof secure metered mains supply. The purpose is for facilities on a village green. It only needs to supply a hundred watts routinely @ 240v 30A max will be ample. Mains distribution overhead wires are available within about 10m of the site.

Thanks for any enlightenment. Web searches are overwhelmed by US external mains kit and so far no one has been willing to give me any sort of price indication.

The reason is for a community defibrillator (needs 100W to stay frost free) and there is a telephone kiosk on the village green with its own mains supply but I am not sure how BT react to requests to piggy backing onto their supply.

Anyone have experience of this?

Regards,
Martin Brown

Posting via Google groups because free.teranews is dead in the water today as is their level2 support - mail not read for 30 days
They bounce email to postmaster too
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2014 09:24, wrote:
[...]

BT could use some good press so it must be worth asking them. How long
they will keep a kiosk there is another matter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:46:43 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 24/07/2014 09:24, wrote:
[...]

If the Kiosk goes then the power supply can remain , I don't think the
light inside runs off the phone cable.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
scribeth thus
Hi,

Not quite DIY but I expect someone here has had to do this and will be able to
offer a ball park price for the installation of a fixed external weatherproof
secure metered mains supply. The purpose is for facilities on a village green.
It only needs to supply a hundred watts routinely @ 240v 30A max will be ample.
Mains distribution overhead wires are available within about 10m of the site.

Thanks for any enlightenment. Web searches are overwhelmed by US external mains
kit and so far no one has been willing to give me any sort of price indication.

The reason is for a community defibrillator (needs 100W to stay frost free) and
there is a telephone kiosk on the village green with its own mains supply but I
am not sure how BT react to requests to piggy backing onto their supply.

Anyone have experience of this?

No, but I have heard that they are OK with some people using then for
rather odd projects., One round out way was a effigy of Guy Fawkes in
who seems to reside there now.

Ask them, they can only say no they might have a dept that deals with
such community projects, its sod all skin off their nose and a bit if
good publicity won't do them any harm. I expect the difficulty will be
finding the right person..

Mind you Huge managed to get a quick response the other day he mailed
the head honcho perhaps you might try the same;?...

Regards,
Martin Brown

Posting via Google groups because free.teranews

Eternal September no bother at all just works, or news individual
net....

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:32:20 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Ask them, they can only say no they might have a dept that deals with
such community projects, its sod all skin off their nose and a bit if
good publicity won't do them any harm. I expect the difficulty will be
finding the right person..

BT actually want small villages to take over and maintain the old red
kiosks where people want them because they are part of the landscape
but hardly get used for phone calls.
Our Parish council was asked but declined as they did not want commit
any funds to do so. There is a notice inside two years old saying it
will be disconnected but the line still has a dialing tone on it.
Since then the BT contractor has given it a nice shiny repaint with
the Crown nicely done in a gold colour.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:24:51 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Not quite DIY but I expect someone here has had to do this and will be
able to offer a ball park price for the installation of a fixed external
weatherproof secure metered mains supply.

Does it have to be metered?

Electricity companies offer unmetered supplies for street lighting and similar purposes where the load can be prediced.

Owain

using Delta 3 receiver and transmitter set with an external 24 volt power supply rocketsocketman Home Repair 3 March 26th 14 01:08 AM
External water and electric supply security R.G. Bargy UK diy 10 September 29th 13 12:51 PM
Notebook freezing when connected to external power supply Mike De Petris Electronics Repair 34 June 29th 10 10:37 AM
20 Amp mains supply asalcedo UK diy 5 July 30th 06 08:59 PM
Trying to find power supply for external CD burner Robert Dodier Electronics Repair 1 August 29th 03 03:23 AM