Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uneven slabs for shed base

my cousin built me a shed base of slabs for an 8x6 shed, we were building on a slope its quite uneven the slabs are sloping,ive got 8 breeze blocks,ive got 3 on each side 2 in the middle ive not cemented them in yet,to even it up,can i just build up one side putting more cement under the blocks,i was thinking of putting in some stones you get for your drive way to thicken up the cement, or will sand and cement be enough

just curious surley if your building on a slope to get it level you would just dig more out of one side or is it not as simple as that
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stephen murray" wrote in message
my cousin built me a shed base of slabs for an 8x6 shed, we were building on
a slope its quite uneven the slabs are sloping,ive got 8 breeze blocks,ive
got 3 on each side 2 in the middle ive not cemented them in yet,to even it
up,can i just build up one side putting more cement under the blocks,i was
thinking of putting in some stones you get for your drive way to thicken up
the cement, or will sand and cement be enough

just curious surley if your building on a slope to get it level you would
just dig more out of one side or is it not as simple as that

Your post is a bit garbled, try using commas to seperate phrases.

If the slabs are already laid and they are sloped, you need to lift them all
and start again.

If they are on soil at the highest side, dig some out to make it as flat as
possible and raise it level at the low side using whatever you have, blocks,
sand and cement etc.

This will give you a head start when you re-lay the slabs, start at the back
and lay them on sand/cement, tapping them down with a rubber mallet if you
have one, or a piece of wood and a hammer if not.

Use a spirit level and try to get them as flat as possible

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 14/07/2014 14:58, Phil L wrote:

If the slabs are already laid and they are sloped, you need to lift them all
and start again.

When I was a child, we had a cedar shed that was just propped up on
various piles of bricks/slates etc. It was already old when I was a
child. It was still more or less in one piece when it was dismantled 60
years later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 14/07/2014 14:58, Phil L wrote:

If the slabs are already laid and they are sloped, you need to lift them
all
and start again.

When I was a child, we had a cedar shed that was just propped up on
various piles of bricks/slates etc. It was already old when I was a child.
It was still more or less in one piece when it was dismantled 60 years
later.

Yes but that was a properly built shed.
The things they are knocking out now will be lucky to last 6 years, and if
you put them on stacks, they would sag and fall to pieces in even less time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/07/2014 13:39, Phil L wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
On 14/07/2014 14:58, Phil L wrote:

If the slabs are already laid and they are sloped, you need to lift them
all
and start again.

When I was a child, we had a cedar shed that was just propped up on
various piles of bricks/slates etc. It was already old when I was a child.
It was still more or less in one piece when it was dismantled 60 years
later.

Yes but that was a properly built shed.
The things they are knocking out now will be lucky to last 6 years, and if
you put them on stacks, they would sag and fall to pieces in even less time.

Nothing to do with it being made from cedar I suppose. Welsh pine is not
known for longevity :-)

Recommendations for a base for a shed to encourage a long life (ofthe shed!) larkim UK diy 9 March 8th 12 12:52 AM
Shed Base Arthur 51 UK diy 7 July 25th 09 04:45 PM
shed base coco[_2_] UK diy 6 August 19th 07 03:29 AM
Shed base help [email protected] UK diy 6 August 28th 06 12:14 AM
Uneven (or tilted) ground inside the shed daishan UK diy 0 March 2nd 06 11:14 AM