Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Nuclear waste.

http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2014 19:41, harryagain wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

I presume this is the bit you wanted us to note:

'While the Government believes that safe and secure interim storage is
an effective method of managing waste in the short to medium term, the
Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 20:34:12 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my
surname here wrote:

On 09/07/2014 19:41, harryagain wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

I presume this is the bit you wanted us to note:

'While the Government believes that safe and secure interim storage is
an effective method of managing waste in the short to medium term, the
Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

Does this mean the government might be seriously considering LFTR?
--
J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/07/2014 19:41, harryagain wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

I presume this is the bit you wanted us to note:

'While the Government believes that safe and secure interim storage is an
effective method of managing waste in the short to medium term, the
Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

--
Colin Bignell

Do you not know the meaning of the word "interim".
It means they mean to do bugger all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2014 07:36, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/07/2014 19:41, harryagain wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

I presume this is the bit you wanted us to note:

'While the Government believes that safe and secure interim storage is an
effective method of managing waste in the short to medium term, the
Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

Do you not know the meaning of the word "interim".
It means they mean to do bugger all.

Your article assures us that:

'the Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:18:50 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my
surname here wrote:

On 10/07/2014 07:36, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/07/2014 19:41, harryagain wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

I presume this is the bit you wanted us to note:

'While the Government believes that safe and secure interim storage is an
effective method of managing waste in the short to medium term, the
Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

Do you not know the meaning of the word "interim".
It means they mean to do bugger all.

Your article assures us that:

'the Government is committed to delivering a permanent disposal solution'

Well, I picked up on that crucial statement, hence my throwaway
remark about LFTR. :-)
--
J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:41:14 PM UTC+1, harry wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

This is a diy newsgroup. I've only rarely had to dispose of nuclear waste as part of diy, and I just put it in the trash with everything else. I'd suggest that their ideas of disposal are simply not very practical for the average diyer - or even the average enthusiast.

But as ever diy disposal is cheaper than the professionals. 250 million or whatever it was for 21 trucks of garbage seems a bit steep for my wallet. I can don a lead apron, stack some concrete blocks in the back & drive a truck for a lot less. But really it all seems a bit OTT for a smoke alarm or a trimphone.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2014 14:52, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:41:14 PM UTC+1, harry wrote:
http://www.terrymechan.com/decommissioningberkeley

This is a diy newsgroup. I've only rarely had to dispose of nuclear waste as part of diy, and I just put it in the trash with everything else. I'd suggest that their ideas of disposal are simply not very practical for the average diyer - or even the average enthusiast.

But as ever diy disposal is cheaper than the professionals. 250 million or whatever it was for 21 trucks of garbage seems a bit steep for my wallet. I can don a lead apron, stack some concrete blocks in the back & drive a truck for a lot less. But really it all seems a bit OTT for a smoke alarm or a trimphone.

NT

I think it was Walter Marshall (or perhaps James Lovelock?) who said he
would be more than happy to have a suitably shielded large lump of
vitrified high level waste to provide domestic heating. As would I.
(There is nothing like enough for everyone to have one).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/14 22:28, newshound wrote:
On 10/07/2014 14:52, wrote:
[...]

Yes. I think that the 'nuclear waste' footprint of an all nuclear UK
citizen would come to something about the size of a tennis ball over his
or her lifetime.

Bury it in the same coffin...

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2014 14:52, wrote:
[...]

That would give future archaeologists something to puzzle over.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Nightjar
\"cpb\"@" "insert my surname writes
Bury it in the same coffin...

That would give future archaeologists something to puzzle over.

Perhaps not for very long though.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: