Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External ducting for a hob extractor

I need to fit a hob extractor vent but I can't get it more than 200mm
away from the boiler terminal. To get the 300mm minimum distance I want
to run the extractor duct a short way up the outside of the wall but I
haven't found anywhere that sells suitable brown rectangular plastic
ducting ... any suggestions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:55:51 +0100, Bob Minchin

I need to fit a hob extractor vent but I can't get it more than 200mm
away from the boiler terminal. To get the 300mm minimum distance I want
to run the extractor duct a short way up the outside of the wall but I
haven't found anywhere that sells suitable brown rectangular plastic
ducting ... any suggestions?

Convert to round pipe before you come through the wall - much more
choice then.

And round pipe has a lower flow resistance than the same size of
rectangular pipe IIRC.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

extractor fan ducting DJC UK diy 0 December 19th 06 12:00 AM
extractor fan ducting Andy Hall UK diy 0 December 16th 06 09:35 AM
Extractor fan ducting MarkK UK diy 9 July 14th 06 08:25 AM
Extractor fan ducting? D UK diy 1 July 23rd 04 09:33 PM
extractor ducting anon UK diy 2 July 14th 04 09:46 PM