Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What dilution ratio

I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from
when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it.

I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning it etc,
and as I have this stabiliser, I thought about using it.
The only problem I have though, is that there are no instructions for
use. I have managed to find out that it is to be diluted, but not at
what ratio.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob H wrote:
I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from
when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it.

I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning it etc,
and as I have this stabiliser, I thought about using it.
The only problem I have though, is that there are no instructions for
use. I have managed to find out that it is to be diluted, but not at what ratio.

I don't mean to be unhelpful but it's surprising what you can find with a
search engine. I put in "Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser" into Google
and the very first hit give the info. You should try it.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2014 18:29, Tim+ wrote:
Bob H wrote:
I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from
when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it.

I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning it etc,
and as I have this stabiliser, I thought about using it.
The only problem I have though, is that there are no instructions for
use. I have managed to find out that it is to be diluted, but not at what ratio.

I don't mean to be unhelpful but it's surprising what you can find with a
search engine. I put in "Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser" into Google
and the very first hit give the info. You should try it.

Tim

Actually I did that before posting, and I only found that it had to be
diluted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2014 18:54, Bob H wrote:
On 19/06/2014 18:29, Tim+ wrote:
Bob H wrote:
I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from
when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it.

I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning it etc,
and as I have this stabiliser, I thought about using it.
The only problem I have though, is that there are no instructions for
use. I have managed to find out that it is to be diluted, but not at
what ratio.

I don't mean to be unhelpful but it's surprising what you can find with a
search engine. I put in "Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser" into Google
and the very first hit give the info. You should try it.

Tim

Actually I did that before posting, and I only found that it had to be
diluted.

This is the first 'hit' as you called it:
http://www.marshalls.co.uk/homeowner...int-stabiliser

If the diluting information is on that site it must be well hidden as I
can't find it.

Did you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2014 19:12, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:58:27 +0100, Bob H wrote:

On 19/06/2014 18:54, Bob H wrote:
On 19/06/2014 18:29, Tim+ wrote:
Bob H wrote:
[...]

From that link:

"Marshalls Keybond® Joint Stabiliser is a water miscible liquid which
stabilises the joint filling sand used with concrete block paving,
impeding the unwanted erosion of the sand and preventing ingress of
water. Available in 5 litre containers, each container contains
sufficient solution to treat 250-300 square metres of paving when
diluted 6:1 with water."

Ok thanks, must need my glasses changing, as I saw it on the top right
of the page under the menu bar, doh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2014 18:54, Bob H wrote:
On 19/06/2014 18:29, Tim+ wrote:
Bob H wrote:
[...]

Be warned that any sand on surface of blocks will get stuck to them.
I used similar product you water it on and spread out with squegee ...
problem was it dragged out loose sand to top of blocks ... left rough
finish on some.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2014 18:54, Bob H wrote:
On 19/06/2014 18:29, Tim+ wrote:
Bob H wrote:
[...]

How about this?

Available in 5 litre containers, each container contains sufficient
solution to treat 250-300 square metres of paving when diluted 6:1
with water.

Lifted from the description near the top rhs of the page.
--
J B Good

Simple Green dilution for pressure washer? Chet Metalworking 9 November 16th 18 02:16 PM
log law pots ratio? N_Cook Electronics Repair 15 March 4th 12 07:36 PM
pressure washer: rate of dilution Frank Thompson Home Repair 3 April 9th 09 07:44 PM
SWR ratio #'s Ernie Werbel Electronics 3 April 23rd 07 12:30 AM
oil-gas ratio Choreboy Home Repair 6 June 30th 05 11:47 PM