Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to make a splashback butt join look good?

I need to fit a s/s panel behind the hob and am wondering about
continuing it down the whole wall, but these would need 3 sheets because
the section behind the hob is taller. Any suggestions on how to make the
joins look good?
Joggling one edge (and grouting) might work. I wondered about a T
section or radiused strip to cover the joins but can't find anything
suitable. All suggestions gratefully received.

Also, any elegant ideas about how to add earth tags without drilling
visible holes? My only thought is to extend tabs behind the worksurface
but this would be a pain at this stage and lead to quite a lot of wastage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you considered checking out any local companies providing equipment for fish & chip shops or a commercial kitchen outfitter, they be able to provide you with a single sheet solution earthing can then be done somewhere out of sight behind the cooker.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 16 June 2014 22:39:32 UTC+1, wrote:
Also, any elegant ideas about how to add earth tags without drilling
visible holes?

Do you need to? I thought that supplementary bonding to (eg) sinks was
now considered *not* best practise.