Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Health and Softy ****t

I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he can see himself?

--
The chance of a piece of bread falling down on its buttered side is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

probably cheaper than a former next-door neighbour, newly moved to the
area, found that people were wearing sports jackets (in the 1960s) with
leather patches on the elbows. So he went out and bought a new sports
jacket and had leather patches added.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 16:34:39 +0100, charles wrote:

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

probably cheaper than a former next-door neighbour, newly moved to the
area, found that people were wearing sports jackets (in the 1960s) with
leather patches on the elbows. So he went out and bought a new sports
jacket and had leather patches added.

That means they won't wear through. In a decade he can remove the patches and he's still got a brand new jacket.

--
U2's on-tour sound system weighs 30 tons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So
he can see himself?

probably cheaper than a former next-door neighbour, newly moved to the
area, found that people were wearing sports jackets (in the 1960s) with
leather patches on the elbows. So he went out and bought a new sports
jacket and had leather patches added.

That means they won't wear through. In a decade he can remove the
patches and he's still got a brand new jacket.

no - he would have a worn jacket with unworn elbows. Most people added
leather patches to hide then fact the elbowshad worn out beofre the rest of
teh jacket.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:34:56 +0100, charles wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So
he can see himself?

probably cheaper than a former next-door neighbour, newly moved to the
area, found that people were wearing sports jackets (in the 1960s) with
leather patches on the elbows. So he went out and bought a new sports
jacket and had leather patches added.

That means they won't wear through. In a decade he can remove the
patches and he's still got a brand new jacket.

no - he would have a worn jacket with unworn elbows.

Tis the elbows that wear.

Most people added
leather patches to hide then fact the elbowshad worn out beofre the rest of
teh jacket.

I've seen plenty new ones on sale with the patches, for fashion.

--
A bluewhale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Henson" wrote in message
Uncle Peter wrote:

On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:34:56 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 16:34:39 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Sevilla footballers turned out for a recent match wearing red elbow
patches
on their dark lounge suits - very odd and nothing to do with wear and
tear,
of course.

http://yhoo.it/1oEysLA

Bet they furiously grovel to some god or other and
it does have everything to do with wear and tear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Footballers don't go with intelligence.

--
In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb. Hence we have the "rule of thumb".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:
probably cheaper than a former next-door neighbour, newly moved to the
area, found that people were wearing sports jackets (in the 1960s) with
leather patches on the elbows. So he went out and bought a new sports
jacket and had leather patches added.

Weren't elbow patches compulsory issue from teacher training colleges?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 16:49:06 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Why would he be wearing a hi vis jacket when he got home? He would have removed that as he got into his car.

--
Seen on a tap in a Finnish washroom:
To stop the drip, turn cock to right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So
he can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime
making his home look nice. You would not know about such things.

Why would he be wearing a hi vis jacket when he got home? He would have
removed that as he got into his car.

but -- if he cycled home?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So
he can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime
making his home look nice. You would not know about such things.

Why would he be wearing a hi vis jacket when he got home? He would have
removed that as he got into his car.

but -- if he cycled home?

Then he would have been wearing 50 other stupid things.

--
Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.
Wide working voltage: you will not be worried when you go all over Europe carrying it.
You could fix the sensor with two screws on the junction box in circular one, also fix it with special installation shelf.
In a word, whether the junction box installation orientation is true, it makes the installation flatly.
The lamp will be on automatically when you knock at the door or say "I am coming back".
It will make your home warmer and more romantic.
Penetrate the setscrew into installation hole, block on radiator to aim at the installation hole on connection box.
Let electrician or experienced human install it.
The unrest objects can't be regarded as the installation basis-face.
Don't open the case for your safety if you find the hitch after installation.
If there is any difference between instruction and products, please give priority to product, sorry not to inform you again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Why would he be wearing a hi vis jacket when he got home? He would have
removed that as he got into his car.

Why remove it?

Because it's not required. Do you continue wearing the same clothes you used for gardening, walking, working, etc when you come home?

--
I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So
he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime
making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Why would he be wearing a hi vis jacket when he got home? He would have
removed that as he got into his car.

Why remove it?

Because it's not required.

I don't obsessively adjust my clothing all the time.

Do you continue wearing the same clothes you used for gardening, walking,
working, etc when you come home?

Yes. I wear the same stuff all the time and just change what
I am wearing when its not warm enough or is too warm etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2014 16:49, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Does he have a patch of verge that he needs to cut? Might make real sense...

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 22:02:09 +0100, polygonum wrote:

On 10/05/2014 16:49, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Maybe he had just got home from work and decided to spend sometime making
his home look nice.
You would not know about such things.

Does he have a patch of verge that he needs to cut? Might make real sense...

No he doesn't, and that would be a very girly thing to do.

--
It said, "Insert disk #3," but only two will fit!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:22:46 PM UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket.
So he can see himself?

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he didn't want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:28:26 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:22:46 PM UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket.
So he can see himself?

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he didn't want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Aqua who?

--
A bluewhale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2014 18:08, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:28:26 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:22:46 PM UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket.
So he can see himself?

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he didn't
want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Aqua who?

I assume he mean't *equisetum*.....or maybe Aquascrotum(fear of getting
water on yer balls) ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

According to the Urban Dictionary, Aquascrotum means "To have a wet scrotum from vaginal fluids. Can also be used to describe an old man who has ****ed oneself whilst wearing a diaper or incontinence pants."

--
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (45 letters, a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust) is the longest word in the English language, beating TETRAMETHYLDIAMINOBENZHYDRYLPHOSPHINOUS ACID, HEPATICOCHOLANGIOCHOLECYSTENTEROSTOMIES, FORMALDEHYDETETRAMETHYLAMIDOFLUORIMUM, and DIMETHYLAMIDOPHENYLDIMETHYLPYRAZOLONE.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 18:27:58 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 10/05/2014 18:08, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:28:26 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:22:46 PM UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket.
So he can see himself?

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he didn't
want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Aqua who?

I assume he mean't *equisetum*

Why would puzzle grass mind grass clippings on it?

--
A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.
The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.aquascutum.co.uk/mens

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 19:57:06 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 10 May 2014 18:08:35 +0100, Uncle Peter wrote:

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he

didn't
want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Aqua who?

http://www.aquascutum.co.uk/mens

Looks like a waste of money.

--
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 21:29:31 +0100, Uncle Peter wrote:

Perhaps it's his only jacket suitable for mucky tasks and he
didn't want to get grass clippings on anything from Aquascutum?

Aqua who?

http://www.aquascutum.co.uk/mens

Looks like a waste of money.

Quite, nothing wrong with Primarni, Georgio, etc

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Like most hi vis things, it was sleeveless, going over what you wear, or not: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...31_634x987.jpg

--
If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing, you may be a Muslim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Why does this upset you?

-- Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2014 18:30, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article , Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Why does this upset you?

-- Richard

A fear of yellow jackets?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2014 18:37, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2014 18:30, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article , Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Why does this upset you?

-- Richard

A fear of yellow jackets?

Which might be a bit more understandable on a USA newsgroup...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_jacket

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://waspspray.org/wp-content/uplo...wasp-spray.jpg

--
Arriving home unexpectedly early from a business trip, the tired executive was shocked to discover his wife in bed with his next door neighbour.
"Since you are in bed with my wife," the furious man shouted, "I'm going over to sleep with yours!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2014 18:30:07 +0100, Richard Tobin wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

Why does this upset you?

A loathing of health and softie.

--
Sexy Sharon's sister saw saucy Sally swiftly suck seventy six soldiers sons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

Why does this upset you?

A loathing of health and softie.

Your response seems disproportionate. Your GP will be able to advise
you on how to get help.

-- Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Disproportionate? The whole ****ing world has gone mad! Everything is all done with a pinch of salt, careful this careful that. FFS just get on with things.

--
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article , Uncle Peter wrote:

Why does this upset you?

A loathing of health and softie.

Your response seems disproportionate. Your GP will be able to advise
you on how to get help.

Disproportionate? The whole ****ing world has gone mad! Everything is
all done with a pinch of salt, careful this careful that. FFS just get
on with things.

Have you no idea what that salt does to your blood pressure, man?!!!

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

To stop them ****ting on him?

On Sat, 10 May 2014 18:46:12 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

No its for the birds who are all wearing goggles in all this rain?

Brian

--
Peter is listening to "Aerosmith - Living on the edge"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote

I just saw someone mowing their own lawn
wearing a hi vis jacket. So he can see himself?

Maybe it's the only jacket he has.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
I just saw someone mowing their own lawn wearing a hi vis jacket. So he
can see himself?

The use of hi viz vests are a joke. Driving examiners wear then on the "show
and tell" part of the driving test. People sat in parked cars doing traffic
surveys wear them. Teachers wear then when taking kids on outdoor trips.

Hi viz should be worn only when needed. BTW In my van I carry the following
hi viz kit - 3 vests (2 of them are spares for the apprentices) 1 wateproof
pair of trousers (used more for wet weather than for safety) and a
waterproof jacket (again worn more to keep dry and warm than for safety
reasons). I seldom have to wear the stuff at work for safety reasons - even
on building sites

I also have a set of waterproof overalls at home - but they must have shrunk
in the wash as they longer fit me..

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 May 2014 13:03:33 +0100, ARW wrote:

[...]

The only place I'd ever condone a hi vis jacket is roadworkmen on a motorway. And even then, if they stay behind the cones....

--
The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.

Effin Softy Act The Medway Handyman UK diy 48 August 23rd 11 12:47 AM
Health wajiha khan Home Ownership 0 December 20th 10 02:01 PM
Health nadia khan Electronics Repair 0 December 9th 10 04:03 PM
Am I a big softy? The Medway Handyman UK diy 30 November 16th 08 02:48 PM
Men's health [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 February 8th 05 08:58 PM